NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one knew what could be wrong with both rear windows if when I push the windows switch to go up but the windows instead go down and get stuck in the middle...I bought the car like this and havent messed with them since ive had it because of the other MAJOR problems with it :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear Windows

Possibly the cables that 'wind' up the rear windows have come off of the pulleys. Should be inexpensive fix to place them back where they belong. New Beetle uses cables from electric motors turning over pulley wheel to lift and lower the windows.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sounds like both rear regulators are broken. Its not an easy job but it can be done if you are mechanically inclined. It took me about 4 hours to do one side but its MUCH cheaper than paying a shop. I think parts were under $200 (actually around $150 if I remember correctly) for one side.

·
mike03 2.0 vert
100 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Glad you got yours fixed. I just ordered my new regulators a few minutes ago. I was able to get both sides for $150! Now Im going to paint my panels while I wait for them to show up....:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts