VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 Cyber Green Color Cocept $8,500

MY wife's sister just passed and we have to sell this beetle.
Apparently this color concept with a 5 speed is a rare bug (only 2000 made and even fewer with the 5 speed according to Shannon). With only 44,382 miles, non-smoker,It hasn't been cleaned it up this is how she kept it, I don’t think anybody ever sat in the back seats. The family wants it sold. I really don't want car max to get it. This is collectable and if it is taken care of will appreciate or at least hold its value over time.

The 2002–2004 Color Concept: This limited edition variant and was available in limited exterior colors, with interior door panel inserts, seat inserts, floor mat piping and wheel opening inserts color-matched to the exterior paint, (Snap Orange, Double Yellow, and Cyber Green). It came standard with the turbo gasoline engine and speed activated rear spoiler, six speed automatic, power windows/sunroof/door locks, heated leather seats, and fog lamps.

Similar ads are between 9,000 and 10,500 and usually with 60-90,000 or more miles and are not Color Concept. The "Color Concept" option is not addressed in any formal estimates, it seems to be worth about $500 to $1,500. This is an excellent first car or great to send a student to college, above average and worth well over $9,500. We are asking 8,500 for expediency.

Equipment:
1.8 turbo, 5speed manual, engine immobilizer, EPA mileage 24/30, horsepower: 115 hp @ 5200 rpm, torque: 122 ft-lbs. @ 2600 rpm, 17" alloy wheels, performance tires, 4-wheel ABS disc brakes, traction control, cruise control, side airbags, air condition, height adjust heated leather seats, sun roof, moon roof, “Monsoon” premium 10 speaker 6 CD changer sound system, power locks, power tilt steering, rear defrost, power heated mirrors, power windows, variable speed intermittent wipers, conventional spare, cruise control, daytime running lights, driver and passenger vanity mirror, fog lamps, front reading lamps, front wheel drive, intermittent wipers, key-less entry, wheel locks, security system, pass-through rear seat, power outlet, rear ventilation ducts, rear reading lamps, remote trunk release

Sincerely,
Michael
P.S. I put a new dip stick in it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,871 Posts
Awww, I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. It makes me sad to see her Cyber Green Color Concept.

I don't know market value, but it looks pretty clean.

Good luck to you.

·
Super Moderator
14,871 Posts
Moved to the classifieds. Please, only one thread. Thank you.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,427 Posts
Michael,

first of all, i'm sorry for your family's loss.

in terms of value, i took a quick look at private party value on Kelley Blue Book. Given the mileage, an assuming excellent condition Kelly says an approximate private party value is around $7500...the color concept package isn't factored into this price as far as i can tell.

to me, the sport seats and color concept package would make the car far more attractive than "just" a GLS 1.8T.

anyway, i've been doing lots of looking at used NBs from 2002-2010...

i've seen several Cyber Green Color Concepts on AutoTrader (at dealers in our general area) with many more miles, in the $9000 range.

so, i'd take a whack at a price somewhere from $7000-8500, and see where it goes.

hope this helps...looks like a great car.

Warren

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
'allo! :)

Thought I'd toss in my 2 cents here. I had the yellow version of this, and had a number of tasteful mods and upgrades, and only about 60K miles. After several months of trying to sell it, I ended up only getting $6500.

The market is up and down these days, but I agree that the price should be good to start around $8500. I.E. Ask $8500 obo , because no matter WHAT price you list, people don't feel like they are getting a good deal unless they can get you to lower the price. So if you ask $8500, you *could* get it, but most likely people will try to get you down to around 7500 or less. Especially if they know anything about Beetle reliability.

I really miss my Beetle... wish I hadn't sold it. But, I needed more headroom! >_<

Yup, I miss "Sting" >_<

·
Registered
303 Posts
According to edmunds.com private party is about $6900 and dealer retail is about $8300

KBB says private party is about $7900 in excellent condition...

That said I would probably price it between $8000-$8500 and take no less than about $7000 for the car.

Good luck selling...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cash Asking Price

AVG Price for the 2003 New-Beetle GLS 1.8T is $8,928. In the ads I have seen usually at least that with 60-90,000 miles and not as clean w/o color concept. I don’t think anybody ever sat in the back seats. The "Color Concept" limited edition is not addressed in any estimates I found. On blogs it seems to be sought after and worth about $500 to $1,500, it's hard to get a handle on this that is why I was asking if anybody know how to get a production volume on it. This is an above average car. The value is at least $9,500 probably more like 10,500. We are asking 8,500 for expediency. Sorry if i seem a little curt but this is a stressful time. thanks for your help and understanding

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
If memory serves me, they only made 2000 color concept cars? :confused: I'm sure there's at least 25% of that number no longer on the road. Either way, this one is my favorite of all of them produced and in a hard to find 5spd. They're not everyone's cup of tea as for the interior, but I love it!!!

Are you getting any interest in it? It may do well on Ebay.

BUMP for an immaculate car!:thup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your response

If memory serves me, they only made 2000 color concept cars? :confused: I'm sure there's at least 25% of that number no longer on the road. Either way, this one is my favorite of all of them produced and in a hard to find 5spd. They're not everyone's cup of tea as for the interior, but I love it!!!

Are you getting any interest in it? It may do well on Ebay.

BUMP for an immaculate car!:thup:
I appreciate the info on the numbers produced any idea how many of them in that color? was it same amount for all three

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
The used car market is HOT right now, but you may have to look at the competition in the market. I know you won't find many with the miles that yours has on it and while that's my FAVORITE of the color concepts, not everyone is going to be up for driving a car with green/black leather seats. Be patient!

I keep looking at this thread and TEMPTING myself. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we are trying to be patient

The used car market is HOT right now, but you may have to look at the competition in the market. I know you won't find many with the miles that yours has on it and while that's my FAVORITE of the color concepts, not everyone is going to be up for driving a car with green/black leather seats. Be patient!

I keep looking at this thread and TEMPTING myself. :D
it is still available and i do appreciate you support

·
Super Moderator
14,871 Posts
Come on, Shannon, you know you want it!!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.