VW Beetle Forum banner

2003 TDI Project and Mica Garage youtube channel

885 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  prbrosa 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

My name is Pedro and I'm from Portugal. I have a 2003 1.9 TDI beetle and I have recently created a channel where I'll be posting some videos on maintenance and mods I'll be doing on my new beetle project.

Currently it is still mainly stock, the long term project is a vintage look new beetle which I'm designing with my wife and inspired on some of the projects done in this style.

I have just done my first vid changing my front bumper and would like to share with you guys.

https://youtu.be/3rCF0-ttVDc

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on the vid, as the intent is to do something that is good quality and entertaining.

P.S. Also have a 63 Beetle, so you can say I'm bit of a Beetle geek, from classic to future classic ;)

Thanks in advance for allowing me into your community,
Pedro (mica garage).

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome video Pedro! I wish I had seen this video a week ago when I had to replace my A/C condenser! :joy: I will be subscribing to your channel right now!

Also love the lift! Really wish I had one of those!

#3 ·
Thanks Xavier, Been there... seems like we always discover things just after we finished doing them LOL

The lift was the best investment I made for my garage... it makes life so much easier and they pay themselves so quickly on the time you save, I honestly never thought it would be this useful. It is not a professional garage, but still so worth it... specially for being able to lift my brother's Mitsubishi Pajero without having to worry about if the jack stands will hold or crumble.

My next vid on the beetle will be changing my shocks... just not sure if going for some Koni SRTs or some TA-Technik coilovers.

Any suggestions, feel free to shout... the idea is to make some quality/entertaining vids that might be useful for someone.

Also thanks for subscribing.

Cheers,
Pedro.

#4 ·
Yes definitely would like to see a suspension job done on a Beetle! That’s something I’ll be needing to do soon. I’ve read so many different post about it but it’d be nice to see it on video. If I could make a request, I’d ask you to get good close ups, of possible! I can’t wait for that vid!!

#6 ·
Hey Pedro!

I've been keeping up with your channel and plan to watch the '63 engine series this weekend. Thanks for touching base, that's cool of you! I'm sure There is no rush on the suspension vids cause I'm still collecting parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.