NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A ToyBo S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Platinum Gray at 114k miles: Ran over a tradesman's aluminum ladder on interstate. Impact broke motor mounts and transmission/engine bolts. Car totaled due to engine breakage. The rest of car exterior and interior is in excellent shape. I am willing to sell entire car to anyone (Best offer during the next few days) for their repair (VW Dealer Shop estimate $5900 for repairs) or use to part out. Car in Nashua NH. You must arrange and pay for your delivery. Offers will be accepted at [email protected] until 9 PM EST October 8, 2012. Send proposed amount and best reach tel no. I reserve right to accept earliest and best offer. I suspect a local sale only and will show car if lot is unlocked and open when visit is convenient for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Platinum Gray at 114k miles: Ran over a tradesman's aluminum ladder on interstate. Impact broke motor mounts and transmission/engine bolts. Car totaled due to engine breakage. The rest of car exterior and interior is in excellent shape. I am willing to sell entire car to anyone (Best offer during the next few days) for their repair (VW Dealer Shop estimate $5900 for repairs) or use to part out. Car in Nashua NH. You must arrange and pay for your delivery. Offers will be accepted at [email protected] until 9 PM EST October 8, 2012. Send proposed amount and best reach tel no. I reserve right to accept earliest and best offer. I suspect a local sale only and will show car if lot is unlocked and open when visit is convenient for you.
If YOU decide to part it out, what would be your asking price on the front/rear bumpers and would you be willing to ship them to MD?

·
A ToyBo S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have time or desire to do this myself. But when I know where this vehicle ends up I will try to remember to let you know where you may find the carcass.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I do not have time or desire to do this myself. But when I know where this vehicle ends up I will try to remember to let you know where you may find the carcass.
What do you plan on doing with it if no one swipes it up? Too much money to be had parting it out instead of sending it to the junkyard, or lowering the price exponentially. Keep me in the loop.

·
A ToyBo S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gone to the highest bidder

I turned the title over to my insurance comany for the full value of the totalled car. FYI 2003 Turbo S very good condition, 114k miles $6,600. Anyway expect the parts to turn out in Massachusetts or New Hampshire boneyards after it goes to auto auction.

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
I turned the title over to my insurance comany for the full value of the totalled car. FYI 2003 Turbo S very good condition, 114k miles $6,600. Anyway expect the parts to turn out in Massachusetts or New Hampshire boneyards after it goes to auto auction.
How was the interior? I'm curious because I'm looking for a totaled out Turbo S that I can use as a parts car. Mind if I ask who your insurer was? I can pick it up from the auction for probably around $1,5000.

·
A ToyBo S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interior is in excellent shape. Safety Insurance, Boston MA. I suspect they had it brought to auto auction in either Manchester NH or Concord MA. Wish you had seen this earlier. Would have sold it to you for $1500 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
Interior is in excellent shape. Safety Insurance, Boston MA. I suspect they had it brought to auto auction in either Manchester NH or Concord MA. Wish you had seen this earlier. Would have sold it to you for $1500 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
I looked, it didn't go to Insurance Auto Auctions Incorporated, so it will probably go to COPART.

For the record, in looking at the other totaled out '03 Turbo Ss with similar mileage, your payout seemed VERY low. :(

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
I found your car at an insurance auction in Boston. It looks like they paid out $6300 & estimated the repair to be $5362. Car starts, but doesn't drive. Can't see any damage from the outside, but as you said it was all undercarriage. Inside looks great! The car is listed as a 'pure sale', which means no reserve. I'm guessing it will go for $2k+.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts