NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
whats that sound
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!
Just picked up a Turbo S 03
Its pretty dirty and tore up cuz the dude who had it before me didnt take care of it. So its on me now!
Went from a 01 gls gas so this thing is CRAZZZZY.
its dirty but mechanically its solid.
well, except for its hard to get into 1st
the door lock module is broken.
its missing the rear hatch pricay cover, drivers fog , passneger lower grill,
but im the master of making cars look pretty so im on my way.!!!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome, there are a number of turbo s owners here (including myself); on the first gear issue, you might check the external shifter linkage for problems, broken parts, see if you can adjust it and then it might possibly be the internal shifter fork is in the process of getting loose, failing. First and second tend to get progressively harder to get into; then, eventually reverse, 1st may become impossible to get into, at that point... part of the fork usually has sheared off and fallen at the bottom of case, of the transaxle. The 02M in particular has this problem. Check all the "external" possibilities; then the fork failure repair, requires the trans to be removed and the fork repaired or replaced with the newer steel forks that are now on the market. Hopefully, it is nothing major; however, the forks are a known problem with this particular 02M transaxle.

You can read about my repairs here:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/transmission-talk/50942-turbo-s-just-lost-1st-2nd-my-02m-6-speed.html

Welcome and post up any questions or start a "build" thread with pics and we will help where we can! :)

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
WELCOME to the ORG!
Yes, it sounds like your new beetle will need some TLC but, I'm sure that car is VERY happy to be with you now. :p. Turbo S that is an AWESOME New beetle!!!

Hey! Show us your BEFORE pix so we can't watch the transformation :D. We LOVE pix here at the ORG!

Great to have you here.....GLAD YOU FOUND US.

WELCOME from Tennessee

:banana:

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the Org. Dont forget to post some pics of your new ride. We wont judge if its dirty! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
Shame on the PO. I hope you can bring an awesome Turbo S back to it's glory.

What color is it? I've had two...... Where are you located?

·
whats that sound
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome, I forgot how awesome forums can be for Cars. Esp very special ones like mine!!
2003 VW New BEetle Turbo S
platinum grey
Appears all stock.
I will take some pics tomrw in the daylight. Should i just post them, to this thread?

Attachments

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome, I forgot how awesome forums can be for Cars. Esp very special ones like mine!!
2003 VW New BEetle Turbo S
platinum grey
Appears all stock.
I will take some pics tomrw in the daylight. Should i just post them, to this thread?
Aside from his cataracts, you have a beautiful car. Wish I had an S!! These Turbos are a BLAST!!

As for your picture question, you should start a photo thread in the photo section. Then you can document all your memories, builds, fixes...

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
My first New Beetle was a brand new 2002 Platinum Gray Turbo S.......those were good days. I hope you enjoy yours! :)

Here's my Jewel. :eek: I miss her.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
Start your personal photo album in the Photos - New Beetles forum. Then, add any and all new ones you get. All in one place. :)

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
welcome! as you can see i my sig, ive had 2 Turbo-s models. if you have any mod questions just ask!

-jd

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few more photos so we can ORGle them!! By the way your car looks great!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
VERY NICE S :p
(my Chelsea has cataracts too....for the time being that is). hehehe

Glad you joined us!

·
whats that sound
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cataracts?!?!
ORGLE?!?!
i need to learn the lingo here!! LOL
Couple questions, Im sure i could search for and by all means yell at me for it!
Is there a VIN lookup so you can exactly find out what your car is?
Why is it so hard to find Turbo S specific parts?

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
Turbo S = 6-speed manual! Black and gray sport seats. Unique front and rear bumpers. Dimpled steering wheel spokes, gear shift knob. Looks like THIS!

Attachments

·
whats that sound
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I just got my car back from the dealership and they did a full detail and synth oil change.
Apparently I have a faulty 1st gear syncro, and a leaking cam adjuster seal, I also need a drivers door lock module,
Cosmetically, i need a keyfob, rear privacy cover, rear seat cup holder, pass back seat adjuster wheel, third brake ;light, engine cover,
so maybe I bit off more than i can chew, but it hink the car is worth it and hopefully will gain value in the future. I hope to keep it for awhile tho anyway.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just love love love your turbo S!!! I am looking for my 2nd buggy and I wanted a Turbo S, but I cant drive a manual! The next car I get will be one I am gonna keep forever. I think any work we put into any of them is worth the effort. I am glad you are posting pics, cant wait to see what all you do to it! :D
Welcome to the group! Everyone is so friendly!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts