VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm trying to sell my 03 Automatic Volkswagen TDI Beetle GLS with only 121k miles. I purchased it from the original owner about 6 months ago. I'd love to keep it as my daily driver but have realized that our growing family really could use another 4 door.

The original owner bought this beetle off the showroom floor in Long Beach at Circle VW. Since then it has always been serviced at the dealer with all the records to prove it. I know a lot of people aren't fond of the automatic transmissions, but before the beetle hit 100k the orig owner took it in and had a NEW transmission installed while it was still under warranty and also had it serviced about 10k miles ago so this auto trans is ready to go. The car shifts and drives perfect. I also have receipts for other major services such as the timing belt and water pump (also done right at 100k).

This beetle is by far the best maintained out there. You can find them cheaper, but a lot of people think you can just drive a diesel for 200k miles without maintaining it and they end up having big issues. This one is ready to drive realistically for at least 75k miles without an issue and another 200k+ if maintained correctly.

Cosmetically the car is an 8.5/10. I think anyone who looks at comparable TDI's will say it's even nicer than that. The interior is very clean with no rips or tears. The "soft touch" plastic coating on the dash and door panels show signs of wear like EVERY VW out there does. Nothing is broken and everything works as it should. The stereo is the upgraded Monsoon system with a tape deck and 6 disk CD changer that sounds amazing! It comes equipped with power door locks, power windows, power and heated mirrors, cruise control, and a sun roof. The exterior is very straight with no body damage and has all original shiny Reflex Silver paint. The bumpers are the only things that keep this beetle from being a 10/10. The left rear corner has a couple scrapes as does the front. Maybe it won't bother the new owner, but I'm a perfectionist. I've also installed factory VW roof racks that I will include with the car.

Below is a list of all the pertinent maintenance done to the car.

New tires with warranty from America's tires
Water pump, timing belt, tensioner, serpentine belt (12/7/11)
Glow plugs and glow plug control relay (6/6/12)
Oil change just performed. (Good for another 8k miles. 10k interval)
New OEM coolant flange (known to crack over time)
New transmission (100k miles)
Service transmission (3/5/14, 114k)
Smog completed less than 90 days ago
Registered till end of next year

Car is located in apple valley but I frequent Tujunga to visit family and can meet serious buyers at a half way point.

Feel free to call with any questions or to set up an appointment. 760-885-5819

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts