VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 beetle manual with 270000 miles car has been taken care of mechanily and is in good condition but recently started idleing higher than normal but not enough to raise suspicions now it has started idleing higher on its own when in neutral or in gear and wont stop trying to accelerate or idle higher untill it decides it wants to stop if you turn the car off it wont start untill it has set for a good 20 mins they it jus decides it wants to start other than that usually no problems running or staying running jus need a little insight i believe the idle contoll valve nay be getting stuck but could it also be a vacuum leak just not sure

·
5/23/10 <3
11,684 Posts
What engine? Have you scanned for codes? What is it idling at?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What engine? Have you scanned for codes? What is it idling at?
2.2 manual 2004 when ran there’s no codes that could suggest thats an issue idk what it could be thats not setting a code off and also it used to idle at the 3 dot from the bottem not sure how much rpm buhhh it used to sit like right on the 3 dot amd now it rides higher and sometimes when it trys to start itll catch for a second and you can try and flood it it wont go up in rpms

·
Registered
18,565 Posts
What engine are you working with (2.0., 1.8T, etc)?

Have you checked fuel trims and a vacuum leak or dirty throttle body, can cause idle issues.

What scan tool; are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts