NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Same Name, New Parts
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Just got this 2004 beetle convertible gl model, and drivers side mirror signal and mirror motor do not work, i thought it was the led bulb and bought another one as thats what was bothering me a lot. I later tested the bulb and it works fine if you get power to it.

From what i can tell theres no power coming to the mirror at all? Tried the checking for power on the heated mirror wiring and didnt get anything.

Does anyone know what could cause this? Passanger side mirror signal and motor work fine.

·
Same Name, New Parts
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i have not removed the door panel yet. Does the power mirror and signal wiring harness have a seperate connection inside the door panel?

Im use to working on my 99 so bare with me:rolleyes:

·
Registered
758 Posts
No i have not removed the door panel yet. Does the power mirror and signal wiring harness have a seperate connection inside the door panel?

Im use to working on my 99 so bare with me:rolleyes:
It's the same connector. One bundle of wires runs into the mirror. When I fixed the passenger side window regulator in our New Beetle, I forgot to reconnect this connector before putting the door panel back on. Neither the power mirror nor the turn signal light on the mirror are working right now.

·
Same Name, New Parts
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right it was completely disconnected. According to my carfax papers car was last at the Danbury ct vw dealer for window regulator. Now it all makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts