NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This beetle gets 40-45 mpg. We bought as a used car in '09 and are unfortunately selling this car because we're downsizing to one car. Almost 103,000 miles, diesel manual, black leather interior, premium sound, 6 disc Pioneer CD changer in trunk, rear spoiler, sun roof, and heated seats.

Asking $8,900 or best offer.

Pictures and video at 94 diesel Volkswagen Beetle - a set on Flickr

Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the slow response. Emailing me will get a faster one. Neither has been replaced and we have gotten them inspected once when we got it and once a couple months ago.

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
Oh my, I would replace the belt and sleep easy than chance a visual inspection with a flashlight. I cannot begin to comprehend what a shop in my area would charge to rebuild a diesel engine.

A visual inspection also wouldn't say anything about the oem water pump with brittle plastic blades after years/100k miles. One blade breaks, jams up the pump, and causes the belt to snap or jump, and your in the same boat.

I guess since your selling it you could go either route. Do the work and show the value to potential buyers with the receipt and lead them to believe you maintained it well or say nothing and save the money and 90% of the buyers wouldn't even know to ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up. Turns out my husband and I had a miscommunication and the timing belt was done before we got it, at around 60,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts