VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought replacement headlights for my beetle I hit a deer and broke them so I need the full replacement I ordered some offline that said they would work for my model and when I got them they accepted a three-prong plug whereas my headlights have something like a 14-pin plug and they look much different on the inside of the housing now the only thing that I've kind of come up with in my research is that the turbo S models have odd ball headlights and from what I've seen they're the same plugin as my car has so my question is does this sound right and should I spend the money on the turbo S headlights because they're about twice as much as the regular ones I guess I really don't have a choice I'm just trying to pluck the brands of people who probably know a lot more about these cars than me.

My car is a 2004 TDI 5-speed not sure on the trim package but it has a sunroof and the CD changer under the armrest from what I could tell it has the wires for fog lights but they are not there and the trim bezel doesn't look like it would accept them I've just provided this information for some people who may be able to narrow down the trim package

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
There should be the correct vw part number; on the old headlights or you might check with your vw dealer parts dept, search by vin #, to get the correct headlights. Depending on which came installed on your vehicle; they might be optional brighter style headlamps. If they are very expensive; used parts, maybe a more affordable option.

parts.vw.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm coming to find out. There about 300 a side for the "HID" I believe that's what they are.. and I've checked all my local junk yards.. it's hard to imagine putting 600 worth of lights on a 1000$ car....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts