VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 VW Beetle, 56,000 miles, bought it a few years ago and noticed that the Blue Temp light would go on and after driving awhile it would go out. Now the Blue Temp light stays on all the time. I replaced the temp sensor and still the light stays on. Car not over heating, I can feel the thermostat is opening and closing. Could this be a water pump issue or a thermostat or possibly a bad instrument cluster? Any and all comments would be great! I'm a new Bee on the site! Thanks Again!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I would get the car scanned for trouble codes; preferably, with a VW compatible scan tool (check out the Vgate VS450 on amazon.com or go vw factory level with VCDS from Ross Tech). Post up those codes and we will do our best to help! Whenever, I had a issue with the blue light staying on and it would also blink blue; it ended up being a electrical problem with the plug, going to the sensor. I replaced the plug and installed new terminal ends, both parts I was able to get from the vw dealership (one of the wire's terminal ends; broke off the plug). Get the codes and post them up here! Lets get this thing, fixed! :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts