VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter recently purchased a 2004 Beetle. The convertible top is having some issues and we have tracked it down to the RAM switch (1Y0 959 255 C).

I ordered the switch for her and now need to replace it. The only trouble is....I have no idea where it is located in the vehicle.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks and have a blessed day!

·
Gustav
349 Posts
My daughter recently purchased a 2004 Beetle. The convertible top is having some issues and we have tracked it down to the RAM switch (1Y0 959 255 C).

I ordered the switch for her and now need to replace it. The only trouble is....I have no idea where it is located in the vehicle.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate your help!

Here is the page from the Service Manual hope it helps. I have a manual top on my convertible it was hard to find but well worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so very, very much!

04-Kafer,

Thank you so very much for your help! Its part #4 in the manual you attached and I will swap it out today while my daughter is at cheer camp.

Your help will put a very big smile on the face of our sweet 16 year old Mackenzie and you have saved me countless hours of tearing a car apart from bow to stern!

Thank you once again. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

·
got NB Toys?
518 Posts

Just wondering what the issues were for the top.
Mine goes down fine, but won't come up unless you pull on it, plus the buzzer goes when the top is down and stopped at a light. So if this was the problem with yours then I"ll also need that controller.

Thanks, Howie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts