VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Saratoga Springs NY.My name is Elizabeth.I have had my car for a year,and now the top won't go down.i had no problem last summer.I was told that the module is bad,has anyone heard of this and is it expensive.thanks

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Hello, welcome to the .org; sorry to hear you are having problems with your convertible top. Things can be fixed; it is a matter of diagnosing the problem correctly and replacing the offending parts. Many here; have had specific switches fail, that tell the computer the position of the top, thus it will not work.
Diagnosing, these type of issues; requires, a Volkswagen compatible scanner/code reader. The codes; can point you in the right direction, as to what has failed.

Let us know; if you want to attempt this repair yourself or have someone else, do the work for you. Maybe, someone from your area, can point you in the right direct of a VW independant shop, that can fix it for you (if that is the route; you want to go). We will do our best to help! Post up some pics; we would love to see your new beetle cabrio! :)

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,471 Posts
Welcome to the Org! Dont forget to share some pics we love pics! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts