NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i am new to the org. My 2005 beetle has numerous electrical problems. I would
like to know first if anyone with similar beetle year and model could send a picture of the fuse box with the correct fuses in the correct slotsi bought my beetle used and have had it to the pros with no luck. You guys seem like you could be more helpful an the service dept at vw dealer.

2005 vw beetle convertible
20 v turbo engine

got trouble - hope you can help

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Welcome to the ORG :D
Yes,the fuses can be a bit confusing w/o the chart. You have come to the right place for help.

Be sure to fill out your profile CITY & STATE in your profile ASAP.

Glad to have you!
Welcome
:wave:

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Exactly what kind of electrical issues are there?

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Welcome. You are right in your assumption. This place can out do the dealer any day. Glad to have you and your answers will come soon I'm sure. I'll be no help at all cuz I have an '01.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I asked what kind of issues, suspecting maybe the ignition switch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

I look forward to posting some pictures - had my sis take some yesterday and as soon as she
emails them I want to share. My bug has some issues but with the help of this forum i want to go to the service department with more knowledge than I had the first trip. I have put my bug on a maintainer that I bought for $19.00 and she stays plugged into the garage outlet. Like some post I have read already, she won't hold a charge but with the plugin I can start and run around until I bring her home to sit.

Thanks so much for the chart - I am going to go through that as soon as I get time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the ORG :D
Yes,the fuses can be a bit confusing w/o the chart. You have come to the right place for help.

Be sure to fill out your profile CITY & STATE in your profile ASAP.

Glad to have you!
Welcome
:wave:
I have taken the fuse chart that sent to me via the forum. Some of the fuses do not match the chart in amps. When I get my pack of fuses from VW dealer should I replace the ones that are wrong? If I do replace fuses - will there be any reseting codes etc. like removing a battery cable?

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Huuummmm.....?
Take a closeup pic of YOUR fuse box so we can SEE exactly what you have.

We will go from there.

:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you believe that I don't have a camera. That is all I had ask for at Christmas. My son got me one (of course) and it didn't work. He just told me yesterday that he had it packed and ready to send back. I really need that camera now but patience is a virtue and I am a very good Mom. I haven't even gotten the pics of my car that my Sis took last week. I sent a gentle reminder but she will when she will.

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Would you believe that I don't have a camera. That is all I had ask for at Christmas. My son got me one (of course) and it didn't work. He just told me yesterday that he had it packed and ready to send back. I really need that camera now but patience is a virtue and I am a very good Mom. I haven't even gotten the pics of my car that my Sis took last week. I sent a gentle reminder but she will when she will.
No worries, we are a patient breed of VDub folk here at the ORG. :)
Pictures just tell the story/situation best.
Just post the pix whenever you can.
:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picture Question??

I have the pictures of the fuse box although a little fusy. I uploaded some of my bug in my bio but how do I upload the pic of the fuse box in answer to you.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Under where you type in your response there is a button labeled "manage attachments" (think that's what it says. Something about attachments). If you click on that it opens a little window for you to click on "choose" (button on the left side of window) to browse your computer for the picture and pick it. Once you choose the pic file you want to upload, click on the "upload" button (to the right of the "choose" button). It will then upload the picture you chose. You can do this multiple times to choose a bunch of pics. When you have chosen all the pics you want to load, you can close that extra window. I always hit "preview post" at the bottom of the page to see what it will look like so I'm sure I got everything added OK. If it has all that you want on the preview, then you can submit the post. Saying this all from memory since I'm on my phone right now so I might not have the button label names exactly right; but you get the idea.

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Ok let's see what you have.
1) click on: orange POST REPLY at lower left.
2) type a message in the MESSAGE FIELD
3) SCROLL DOWN PAST ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and look for: ATTACH FILES - MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.

4) Click on: MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.
5) find and attach your pic from your computer file.
6) SCROLL DOWN a little bit further and click: SUBMIT REPLY.

That should do it :D.

THANKS K,
I just turned on my iPad BUT didn't REFRESH my screen.....I didn't see that you had ALREADY answered Zadock's question .

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
That's ok. Two answers are better than one ;). Besides, I was going from memory (which is sketchy in this old brain sometimes) and you clarified a bit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fuse Box Picture

The picture was the best I could shoot with a camera I knew nothing about.
I hope this helps my cause. I am pretty sure that the last mechanic to touch my car to change out a none working back blinker light broke the latch. I have been mostly down on couch or bed with only doing what I had to do until just recently. Anyway, I took my bug back to the garage that had put in the bulb. They had the machanic come out and look at the steps he took. He takes off a panel on driver side in back near rear light and says there are your cables that run to the latch and the gas tank. Then he pokes the latch with a screw driver and says yeah is't broken. He rembered that it was working because he said he had left some tools in the trunk and had to pop the latch to get the tools. First time I try to open the trunk is about a month later and it won't open with either the fob or the button on the door.

Now, I have a small oil leak that has been diagnosed, my battery won't hold the charge, my front driver side headlight leaks and gets foggy when washed (or if I get caught in the rain) and now my trunk latch seems to be broken.

Here is the pic of my fuse box.

Attachments

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Ok, I've got some questions for you.
Lets start with

THE BATTERY... (and you FELLOW ORGERS feel free to jump right in here and help us girls out ;))

~Have you had your battery tested? Your local auto parts store will do it free of charge.
While you are there ask them to show YOU how to read your battery DATE CODE. Good info to know.

~Does your radio have the words MONSOON on it or display that word when you turn it on?

THE SMALL OIL LEAK....

~Who "diagnosed" your small oil leak? (the same garage you suspect broke your trunk latch?)
~Do YOU know or did you personally SEE where the oil leak originates from?

THE HEADLIGHT....

(Aside from having a visible 'crack' in you headlight lens)
There are only 3 reasons I know of you would be getting moisture inside your headlight.

1. The GASKET P/N 1c0941119 has broken maybe due to age/sun/temperature etc. Approx [email protected]
2. The CAP P/N 1c0941607 on the back side of the headlight is off,missing or broken/cracked. Approx $87 @dealer!!
3. The glue around the lens (put on by manufacturer) has broken/split.

Note:these are VW dealer prices and can be easily beat if purchased elsewhere...this just the WORST case scenario.

THE VERT TOP....
~ When you press the button to try and lower/raise the top does the light BLINK?
~ What does the top DO when you TRY to operate it?

Ok guys......jump right in here anytime:p.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts