NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Does the 2005 Turbo have a fuse box above the battery?

2. I have a buzzing sound that I hear for a short time after I turn off engine. Nothing seems to be running - is something supposed to be running?

3. I have un-resolved electrical issues and I am trying to read some of the past post so I can keep from having things repeated. My air is running fine and the fan in front of the passenger side runs when the air is turned on. I don't think that the fan in front of the driver side is running - is it supposed to run when the engine is running?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
The fuse block wouldn't buzz. You can see it without taking anything apart.

And, I want to mention, you have a 1.8T, 20V Turbo engine, not a 2.0T.

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
I wonder if the sound you are hearing; is the auxiliary cooling pump that kicks on after the car is turned off (I think it cools the turbo)? It is near the radiator on the left hand side (passenger side). Have you check to see if the fans are able to turn freely and not bind; they eventually wear out and seize.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
#3 it really takes a lot to get the fan to cycle. I am not certain on this but I think the main fan is a 2 speed fan and kicks up to high when the AC is turned on but should always run otherwise. If there is a problem your temp light should come on.

#1 I have not worked on the 2005, but would assume they have the same set up as the rest.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are really helpful and I appreciate the time you give to answer questions. When I signed up with the screen name of Zadock I just put in a name that I thought wasn't taken.

I got a laugh when one person replied to me a dud. I'm a girl with a Bug that I love and I don't want to take it into the shop again without being somwhat informed (if that is posible). I am learning as I go. #2 - your answer sounds just like what the car is doing so I am thinking that part is probably normal. I will have to wait until my son comes over and get him to look at these fans with me. Great suggestions - Thanks

Yesterday I took the sheet that was sent to me about the fuse box. I was only able to check off if any fuses were the wrong amp. I have a few that don't match the ones on the page. Should I switch them out when I get my extras form the dealer? I still don't understand what the fuse is on top of the battery. I guess I need a picture if anyone is willing.

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
People that don't know me think I'm a guy, too. I, too, am a VW Gal! :queen:

And, don't forget, you have a 1.8T, 20V Turbo,(4 cylinder, five valves per cylinder) not a 2.0. :eek: Does the rear hatch have a "Turbo" badge?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How on earth could you tell the engine was a 1.8T, 20V? Are you sure? I need to change this on my info page.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Doh, you have a convertible, so no auto spoiler. But, you would have a "Turbo" badge on the trunk lid, and an engine cover that shows "20V Turbo". The 20V means 20 Valves, not engine size. If you see that, you have a 1.8 litre turbo engine. Make any sense?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info on my Bug - I have now changed this on my bio. You can tell how much I need to be one here if I don't even know what car I have.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
How on earth could you tell the engine was a 1.8T, 20V? Are you sure? I need to change this on my info page.
Thanks
The New Beetle only ever got the 1.8T 20V for a gas turbo engine. The 2.0T started with the '12 Beetle. So if you have a turbo, its a 1.8T :) If you don't have a turbo, you'll have a regular 2.0L.

Oh, and I'm a girl too :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts