NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2005 VW NBC Dark Flint
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure there must be a thread somewhere but I couldn't find it. Can anyone direct me or show me how to changed the passenger side headlight bulb?:confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hope it's not like my '07.....

which was a real PITA. Getting it out is not a problem. On the '07 you turn a small screw a half turn, use a large screwdriver to hold a lever down, and the headlight pops right out. It's getting it back in that's a pain. And I never was able to get it to seat fully. I had to cut the electrical connection apart and manually connect it to get it to work. Poster above is correct, search this site or YouTube.

Here's a good one with photos for an '06: http://newbeetle.org/forums/2-5-liter-gas/2946-06-headlight-removal.html

Good luck.

·
I told you so!
56 Posts
Same here. After revisiting and spending up to three hours, I can't get the passenger side lamp module to behave. It works when I smack it, which is basically every time I start to drive.

I noticed the metal clip at the bottom of the lamp housing is boogered up from the factory.

Lousiest design I've seen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here. After revisiting and spending up to three hours, I can't get the passenger side lamp module to behave. It works when I smack it, which is basically every time I start to drive.

I noticed the metal clip at the bottom of the lamp housing is boogered up from the factory.

Lousiest design I've seen.
+1 And that's what we had to do. Before getting in the car, push the headlight in. If we were lucky, it would work for the whole day. Someone on this forum cut the socket connection apart, that is, he removed the socket that is attached in the back of the headlight recess. If you have small hands, there is just enough slack in the cable to manually attach it to back of the headlight, and then you can slide it in. You have to make sure you completely remove the old socket mounting point in the recess, otherwise, the headlight will not fully seat. We haven't had any issues since we did this fix. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts