NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once saw on here a way to program the windows on the convertible using the key in the door and the key fob. This is our issue-The drivers window does not go down when opening or closing the door as it should drop like the one inch or so. It does do this when I unlock the car using the fob but goes right back up after a few seconds. I am thinking I just need to run through the re-sequencing step but can not find it anymore. I have done all the ones from inside with the windows but I believe these only set its limits and the windows work fine in that respect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ours is a 2005 VW

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I once saw on here a way to program the windows on the convertible using the key in the door and the key fob. This is our issue-The drivers window does not go down when opening or closing the door as it should drop like the one inch or so. It does do this when I unlock the car using the fob but goes right back up after a few seconds. I am thinking I just need to run through the re-sequencing step but can not find it anymore. I have done all the ones from inside with the windows but I believe these only set its limits and the windows work fine in that respect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ours is a 2005 VW
Hate to say this, your door latch need to be repaired/replaced.

This is not a fun job for anyone the first time, but I can do these blind folded now.

New door latch is around $130 wholesale, some say you can repair cracked/broken solder joints. DO NOT waste your time with a used latch.

Keep in mind you can close the doors on these cars with your pinky. People SLAM the doors and this just beats the door latches to death on these cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts