VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short our New beetle sat for months and the battery completely drained and has lost communication with the TCM. You get no gears or numbers under the mileage on the tach and it's obviously in some sort of limp mode. So we tried to go about messing with the TCM via VCDS software but the only thing it would do is tell us that it was unable to communicate with the tcm with code 01315, 49-00. What would be our next course of action? Were going to start checking fuses next but should I look into replacing the TCM?

·
Registered
15,577 Posts

Have you tried a hard reset of the ecu and looked at live data, to see the status of the bus, then reader blocks, to confirm if the computer can communicate and see, if it senses the gears? Loss of data bus communication; typically, can be a hard fault, which brings the bus down or possible wiring issue. Are there any signs, that there could be some rodent damage, to the wiring or signs they nested in the car, while it was sitting unused?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Have you tried a hard reset of the ecu and looked at live data, to see the status of the bus, then reader blocks, to confirm if the computer can communicate and see, if it senses the gears? Loss of data bus communication; typically, can be a hard fault, which brings the bus down or possible wiring issue. Are there any signs, that there could be some rodent damage, to the wiring or signs they nested in the car, while it was sitting unused?

No rodent damage, we don't really have issues with that here and half of the time it was in our garage. We had one blown 5 amp fuse we found so far but that was it. We figured we'd check connections at the transmission and everything next. The only other random thing I can think of is that my sister jumped it to move it once and I'm not sure but she may of had the terminals reversed on the car she was jumping from. That's the only random thing I can think of.

·
Registered
15,577 Posts
As to rodent damage, we have had members; that stored their cars in their garage have this issue, so a visual inspection is always a good idea (don't assume or rule anything out with out testing, checking things first). You might plug and unplug things; see, if the communication bus, is restored or stops work, wiggling wires and harnesses, can help you find a short, where the wiring harness is damaged or needs repairs.

Using, VCDS, did you check the bus status and check the measuring blocks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts