VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 2006 Beetle TDI with 80000 miles on the clock.
i missed the diesel life once i sold my 1994 Cummins so when i saw this i had to buy it.
still in good shape and runs well, so now i have to learn more about this little diesel
and trans.:)

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
Welcome :)

Congratulations on your new TDI. They are an amazing car, so much fun to drive and excellent fuel economy. I can't imagine not having a TDI for the rest of my driving years.

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
If you haven't found it already, look up the TDIclub.com. It's the best place for learning all about your TDI engine. Great pointers on maintenance and troubleshooting if needed.. Lot's of very knowledgeable folks.

The key to keeping your diesel engine happy and running well is maintenance at the scheduled times. These cars will last well into the 100's of thousands of miles if looked after :)

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
What transmission? Make sure you're using all the right fluids and doing all your preventative maintenance and your low mileage TDI will last a long time!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has the dsg transmission, looking to get the trans fluid changed next week or two
I am still recovering from an operation on my arm
After the fluid looking to change the front struts after my arm is recovered
Then a it mining belt at 90,000

I was luck last we. I found a fuel station that sell biodiesel :D so now I can keep my fuel line clean by filling up there once a month

1 - 10 of 10 Posts