NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm retired and love working on cars even when I get into trouble. No car seems to give me more stress than this little Beetle.

It's virtually impossible to learn how to fix it without any aids (books, online forums etc.). I'm use to old 60's Pontiacs.

Here is what I am currently working on:

Side View mirror replacement, and Install Dash Cam BlackVue Wi-Fi DR500GW-HD

My daughter had her LH mirror damaged by a vandal. I bought the replacement parts and painted the new one and installed it on the car. WOW, that was real fun...not!

The other job I did at the same time is I installed one of those dash cams. SO when the vandal comes next time I will get a pic of him!

So everything is back in place, battery is connected, daughter jumps in with her boyfriend and the car does not start.

Checked the NEW Batt post and I forgot to properly connect it (tighten bolt).

I had to charge up the battery because it was dead as well.

SO it turns over great but it will not fire. The key remotes will not open, close door locks or trunk. I guess the keys need to be reprogrammed. Could this prevent the engine from not starting?

The immobilizer indicator does not blink on the screen.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance
Brian

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Disconnecting the battery should not cause the keys to need to be reprogrammed. Your problem does not seem to be the immobilizer either. When that is active the engine will run for 1 second before shutting down.

It would be great if you could provide more information about what happened. Was the car operating correctly before you installed the dash cam? How long was the battery disconnected? Does everything else in the car power up correctly when the ignition is switched on? Did you charge the battery while it was in the car? If so, how?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disconnecting the battery should not cause the keys to need to be reprogrammed. Your problem does not seem to be the immobilizer either. When that is active the engine will run for 1 second before shutting down.

It would be great if you could provide more information about what happened. Was the car operating correctly before you installed the dash cam? How long was the battery disconnected? Does everything else in the car power up correctly when the ignition is switched on? Did you charge the battery while it was in the car? If so, how?
Thanks for your reply,

The car was running fine before I started working on it. The Dash cam was left on and it sucked the battery dead at least twice. Battery could have been dead for 1+ days. I charged the battery up with a 10amp battery charger. It most definitely has enough juice to startup now but no fire up at all.
When I attempt to start no issues appear on dash and everything appears to work but no fire from the engine.
I think the security must have reset and rendered the keys dead and must be programmed now. :mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts