NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's looking like I may have a chance to buy a 2006 convertible privately w 40k miles on it. It's an automatic trans.

Are there a lot of know problems with that year convertible? Right now I own a 2000 GLS, 2.0, stick, w 95,000 on it. And it runs very well.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Go for it!

It's looking like I may have a chance to buy a 2006 convertible privately w 40k miles on it. It's an automatic trans.

Are there a lot of know problems with that year convertible? Right now I own a 2000 GLS, 2.0, stick, w 95,000 on it. And it runs very well.

Thanks!
This from the same guy, who, not so many months back, started coming around with similar questions about buying an older NB, assumed it was going to be your first.

Sounds like you've caught a bug! I've owned three and my last purchase was a Vert also. As I'm sure you know from being around here, the '06 makes use of the first year 2.5L engine, and incorporated the first and last of the significant NB body changes. Most parts, however, from all I've read, satyed the same. From what I've read, the '06 up has many of the same issues as the pre '06 models, just not as common, as typically they are lower mileage vehicles. The engine, however, saw some important changes and improvements, VWs education from the earlier ones. And a 6spd Tip, just like driving a stick without the bothersome clutch!

I would not be even a little hesitant buying an '06 w/ 40k miles; $10-$11k, I'm guessing? Less, even better. More, well ??? Again, maintenance records are a plus, more so just for the knowledge that it has been properly maintained.

You liked the hatchback, you'll love the Vert. Quiet and well insulated from the weather. A truly well done convertible version of a sedan. Not quite as fuel efficient, they are heavier, but worth the sacrifice.

MORAV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts