NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
New to me
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2006 NBC with 33k miles from a non-VW dealership. Three weeks of ownership so far. After paying a premium for the car, I have already spent another $2100 at my local VW dealership for service repairs (these things should have been done before the car was sold). Seriously considering a VW Extended Warranty. Does anyone have experience?
BTW - Love the car!

Attachments

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
That is a beautiful car. Congratulations!

I too am a new owner, so I don't have much experience with Beetles. But I have with other used cars. The extended warranty is an insurance of sorts, and it's worth depends on your tolerance for risk and your ability to pay for unexpected expensive repairs.

I think they're a good idea. I bought a used Ford Raptor with 26K miles, but I did buy certified pre-owned from a Ford dealership. That gave me one extra year of bumper to bumper. I then added an extended service plan for 9 years and 125K miles. There are many expensive things in that truck that would cost a fortune to fix, and I intend to keep it for a long time. The cost of the warranty was $1700.

If you can get a VW warranty at a reasonable price, and you intend to keep this car for a long time, and you have a low tolerance for risk and expensive repairs, then I'd get it.

On the other hand, if this is a weekend car, you may upgrade or trade it in a couple of years, you can fix things yourself, pay for repairs or even leave it in a garage while you drive something else, then maybe an extended warranty is not for you.

IMHO of course.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

👆👆👆agree about the extended warranty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts