VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Saoirse81
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new on here! So my trunk will not open..the lights flash but nothing happens. The switch from the inside the door never worked when I got the car but the key always has and now both sets of keys are not doing anything. it can be opened from the inside but my arm is not long enough to reach. I had a guy friend do this for me so I could get something important from the trunk. Please advise on what this might be and if it may be something I can repair myself?
Thanks!!!!!

·
:)
837 Posts
Hi all,
I'm new on here! So my trunk will not open..the lights flash but nothing happens. The switch from the inside the door never worked when I got the car but the key always has and now both sets of keys are not doing anything. it can be opened from the inside but my arm is not long enough to reach. I had a guy friend do this for me so I could get something important from the trunk. Please advise on what this might be and if it may be something I can repair myself?
Thanks!!!!!
Flip the VW cover open on the back. Twist to open it in the direction it indicates. If no give, twist the key in the opposite direction that it indicates. This will reset the latch. Then try opening it again w the key.

If this fails, you'll have to pop your back seat down and have a listen to see if its the latch on the trunk or in the body. Then you can go from there and check fuses, etc.

Keep us updated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts