NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 NBC it will crank like normal but will not start, I have scanned it for codes but it shows none. I dont really know where to start, any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Try 2 things.

1st - Hold throttle to the floor, crank engine and see if it tries to kick at all, crank not more more than 20-25 seconds at a time, then wait about 1-2 minutes between attempt to start. Do not try more than 3 attempts at this. This is a clear/flood mode in case the engine was flooded.

2nd - if above does not work, buy a $3 can of starting fluid at the parts store. 2 second burst, count this out, not a quick burst, of it in the intake, try to start the engine. If the engine starts and dies, you have a fuel delivery problem, either a bad fuel pump, out of gas, a fuel pump relay or fuse.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try 2 things.

1st - Hold throttle to the floor, crank engine and see if it tries to kick at all, crank not more more than 20-25 seconds at a time, then wait about 1-2 minutes between attempt to start. Do not try more than 3 attempts at this. This is a clear/flood mode in case the engine was flooded.

2nd - if above does not work, buy a $3 can of starting fluid at the parts store. 2 second burst, count this out, not a quick burst, of it in the intake, try to start the engine. If the engine starts and dies, you have a fuel delivery problem, either a bad fuel pump, out of gas, a fuel pump relay or fuse.
I tried the starting fluid and it started and died, the fuse in the fuse panel is good. Is there another relay that I can check before I pull the fuel pump

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Sounds like a lack of fuel.

Fuel pump fuse, relay or fuel pump unless the car is out of gas of the fuel filter is clogged. Make sure the cable to the fuse box on top of the battery is also tight if your car has the fuse block on top of the battery.

Fuel filters usually do not just clog to no start without other problems before the no start.

BMA Auto Parts | Bumper to Bumper since 1978 | Oem auto parts, vw parts, sachs boge, mercedes benz parts, honda auto parts, saab parts and use SPECE30 discount code, if you order a Siemens/VDO pump, it should be about $160 and you will likely have it tomorrow with standard shipping.

Not sure if the fuel pump relay on these car is interchangeable with something like the horn relay?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts