VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys the one key control all windows for my 2006 NBC was working fine before, but 2 weeks ago, the driver side window began moving slow and reacting slow to control, and finally not working not moving (other 3 windows still up/down fine), the dedicated key for this window also not working. I ordered the window motor thinking this should be the reason, however after replaced problem still the same, any idea what should I do now? Any tips could help, thanks to anyone attempting to help!

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
Window regulators failing and power failure to the door are the most common problems. The flex area of the wiring harness; that goes from the body to the door, eventually will have wires break, killing power to the door (encased in a rubber ribbed sheath).

Disassembly of the door, to inspect the regulator and checking the wire harness, switches, power, fuses, etc. should all be checked out. Sometimes, people install used parts from a junk yard; that are incompatible, causing problems is also something we see (look for any paint marks; indicating, parts are used).

Here is a diy, on how to disassemble the door and install a window regulator repair kit, if needed (stick with genuine vw parts).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, I will dig into it more and update if I get progress or get it done, thank you!

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
Aside, from replacing parts; what testing have you done? What brand snd part numbers, were the new parts? Have you scanned for trouble codes;,using a vw scan tool, like vcds? Incorrect used or parts, can cause things; to not work correctly and bring, the data bus communications down, as can defective parts or wiring harness problems.

Here is a recent example; where incorrect parts, were installed and this caused things, to not work correctly.

Door lock unlock button not working

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I got the right parts, they (motor, switch) performed the same as the original parts so they are not the reason.

Somebody following my story told me: "Volkswagens have a control unit that controls the windows up-and-down motion. That is the clicking noise that you are hearing. One quick test is to reverse the polarity on your window motor the two wires that go to it and instead of it going down it should go up and if it does then the motor is not a problem it’s the Control unit. Look on eBay for one or locate the one in your car they usually were behind and underneath the backseat. On the older models. Take the part number off of it and Google that you will find them used on eBay. "

Now I need to figure out what the part number is.

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
Well, let us know how it goes. If the ccm module swap doesn't fix it, rechecking all the parts are correct and not incompatible , would something to double check. Also, using a vw specific scan tool (like vcds by ross tech); for testing and viewing trouble codes, may help pinpoint the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I bought the 1C0959799G module, hope swapping it will work, but at the same time, I bought the VCDS vw scan tool as well, in case, and very likely I need to dig deeper, will update progress, thanks Billy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts