VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys the one key control all windows for my 2006 NBC was working fine before, but 2 weeks ago, the driver side window began moving slow and reacting slow to control, and finally not working not moving (other 3 windows still up/down fine), the dedicated key for this window also not working. I ordered the window motor thinking this should be the reason, however after replaced problem still the same, any idea what should I do now? Any tips could help, thanks to anyone attempting to help!

·
Registered
14,350 Posts
Window regulators failing and power failure to the door are the most common problems. The flex area of the wiring harness; that goes from the body to the door, eventually will have wires break, killing power to the door (encased in a rubber ribbed sheath).

Disassembly of the door, to inspect the regulator and checking the wire harness, switches, power, fuses, etc. should all be checked out. Sometimes, people install used parts from a junk yard; that are incompatible, causing problems is also something we see (look for any paint marks; indicating, parts are used).

Here is a diy, on how to disassemble the door and install a window regulator repair kit, if needed (stick with genuine vw parts).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I will dig into it more and update if I get progress or get it done, thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts