6-speed automatic Tiptronic (DSG)
MSRP - $19,465
Invoice - $18,305

Destination Charge (subject to change, add to all orders) - $615

Options

No Package
No cost.

Package #1
Power sunroof, premium sound, cold weather package (heated front seats and washer nozzles)
MSRP - $1,390
Invoice - $1,291

Package #2
Includes Package #1 contents, plus leather seating surfaces, shift knob, steering wheel & handbrake, 17" "Oktopus" alloy wheels with all-season tires, fog lights, rain-sensing wipers, self-dimming interior mirror, and Homelink
MSRP - $3,145
Invoice - $2,920

XM or Sirius Satellite Radio
MSRP - $375
Invoice - $331

Color Combinations

Gecko Green w/ Black or Cream leatherette or leather
Harvest Moon Beige w/ Black-Cream* or Cream leatherette or leather
Platinum Gray w/ Black or Gray leatherette or leather
Reflex Silver w/ Black or Gray leatherette or leather
Salsa Red w/ Black or Cream leatherette or leather
Shadow Blue w/ Black or Gray leatherette or leather
Sunflower Yellow w/ Black or Gray leatherette or leather

*Black interior with Cream headliner

2006 New Beetle Convertible pricing

2.5L 150HP 5-cylinder
5-speed manual
MSRP - $21,920
Invoice - $20,510
6-speed automatic Tiptronic
MSRP - $22,995
Invoice - $21,583

Destination Charge (subject to change, add to all orders) - $615

Options

No Package
No cost.

Package #1
Semi-automatic convertible top, premium sound system, cold weather package (heated seats and washer nozzles), windblocker
MSRP - $1,325
Invoice - $1,231

Package #2
Includes Package #1, plus leather seating surfaces, shift knob, steering wheel & handbrake, 17" "Kakuna" alloy wheels with all-season tires, fog lights, rain-sensing wipers, self-dimming mirrors, and Homelink.
MSRP - $3,030
Invoice - $2,815

XM or Sirius satellite radio
MSRP - $375
Invoice - $331

Color Combinations

Reflex Silver w/ Black roof and Black or Gray leatherette or leather
Shadow Blue w/ Black or Cream roof and Black or Cream leatherette or leather
Platinum Gray w/ Black roof and Black or Gray leatherette or leather
Mellow Yellow w/ Black or Gray roof and Black or Gray leatherette or leather
Salsa Red w/ Black or Beige roof and Black or Cream leatherette or leather
Aquarius Blue w/ Black or Gray roof and Black or Gray leatherette or leather
Harvest Moon Beige w/ Black or Cream roof and Black-Cream* or Cream leatherette or leather

*Black interior with Cream headliner

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Good to know. So, $23k buys you a fully-loaded New Beetle TDI DSG, for example.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Our local VW dealer (the biggest in the area) said so when we went to buy one last week. A month ago it was a 4 to 6 month wait. Now they cannot order them at all. Finding one that's already built is another matter of course but even that is proving difficult.

·
Mr. Retro
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Concept1 said:
Our local VW dealer (the biggest in the area) said so when we went to buy one last week. A month ago it was a 4 to 6 month wait. Now they cannot order them at all. Finding one that's already built is another matter of course but even that is proving difficult.
September Allocation Letter

VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA ALLOCATION LETTER
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Special Comment *
Due to the previously anticipated landfall of Hurricane Rita, the Port of Houston is expected to resume all normal port activities by Thursday, September 29, 2005.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your September allocation is now available for ordering.

CARLINES

For this period, the following models are available for ordering; refer to your allocation status report for your specific allocation:

1. new Jetta Sedan:

MY2006
Target Delivery: January
Note: TDI's are restricted at transmission level.

2. Touareg:

MY2006

3. new Passat Sedan:

MY2006
Note: Pipeline Trading has been activated.

4. New Beetle:

MY2006
Target Delivery: December
Note: TDI's are restricted at the carline level.

5. New Beetle Convertible:

MY2006
Target Delivery: December

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ALLOCATION SCHEDULE

All orders MUST be in by close of business on Thursday, September 29, 2005.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

-Port Installed Accessories (PIA)

When placing orders, don't forget to add your Port Installed Accessories.
Please refer to your MY2006 Dealer Order Guide for (PIA) options.

Benefits:
. Enhance Appearance
. Eliminate Dealer Installation
. Increase Gross Profits
. Can be residualized on a VCI lease
. Parts are covered by the full new car warranty

** PIA Options can be added or removed prior to Port Arrival ( Up to Status 20 ).

-MY2006 Golf/GTI

Please consult with your Area Team for Region specific availability.

-MY2006 Phaeton

We encourage you to enter your Sold and Stock Orders into your order bank as needed.
We will sweep dealer order banks weekly for Phaeton sold orders to fill available production.
Stock orders will then be pulled to fill the balance of production.

Best Regards and Good Selling,
Volkswagen Distribution
TDIs in general are not unavailable - it seems the Jetta's TDIs are restricted in some way regarding transmissions, while I'm unsure as to that "carline" restriction on the Beetle. Whatever the case, this is likely just temporary. TDIs have been in high demand lately - my buddy at my local dealer says the first TDI they've got coming that's not already pre-sold is in December. I think it's just a reflection of high demand, short supply.

If I find out any more details, I shall let everybody know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
man!

I saw a 2005 TDI at my local dealer just before the gas prices went through the roof...about 5-6 weeks ago. The dealer was making room for the 2006s and had marked it down from over 20K to 19,500!
It was silver, automatic, CD player, and had a sunroof too!

I ended up finding a used 2003 1.8T with 8K miles for $14900, but that was a good deal on the TDI.

Oh well,

BlueLagoon

·
Registered
142 Posts
Atomic Glee said:
TDIs in general are not unavailable - it seems the Jetta's TDIs are restricted in some way regarding transmissions, while I'm unsure as to that "carline" restriction on the Beetle. Whatever the case, this is likely just temporary. TDIs have been in high demand lately - my buddy at my local dealer says the first TDI they've got coming that's not already pre-sold is in December. I think it's just a reflection of high demand, short supply.
Isn't there a dealine after which they cannot sell any more TDIs due to not being able to meet the new 2006 emissions standards? I was under the impression they would not be able to start selling them again until their new emissions platform was ready.

·
Mr. Retro
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Concept1 said:
Isn't there a dealine after which they cannot sell any more TDIs due to not being able to meet the new 2006 emissions standards? I was under the impression they would not be able to start selling them again until their new emissions platform was ready.
The new diesel emissions standards go into effect in 2007, not 2006. By the time the new regs go into effect, Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel will be in use here in the US, and VW is aiming to curb the emissions problem once that happens. They'll figure something out for it. BMW is also saying its diesels meet the 2007 diesel regs.

The current situation is simply a result of high demand, low supply. VW's still letting dealers order them, they're just having to put some restrictions on it as the factory is getting a bit strained.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dropping off Darth VW for its 100k service this morning, I got a chance to look at a 2006 NBC up close for the first time.

I still don't like the view from the rear. I do like the chrome accents on the dashboard. The center console I don't like at all, especially since for a power top, the switch is UNDER the armrest. You have to tip back the armrest to control the top. Horrible design -- they should have moved the switch to the dash if they had to get rid of the old center console.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Concept1 said:
Funny, I ordered a fully loaded 2006 NB TDI on July 27 and took delivery of it in early September. The dealer did not say anything about it being hard to get. This is in Charlotte NC.

·
Go Sox!
82 Posts
The demand for TDI's has skyrocketed since the price of gasoline has hovered around and in some cases exceeded the $3 per gallon mark. With the rise in demand, the price has also increased. One only has to check the sale price of used TDI's on eBay to see exactly how high the demand is. Some of this demand is caused by panic and emotion, as people not only want the higher miles per gallon, but are afraid of short supply and want the increased range of over 600 miles to a tank of fuel. New and used TDI's are in short supply right now.

I felt that this was the perfect time to buy a new car and sell my 2000 Jetta TDI. I paid $19,650 before tax for it 5 1/2 years ago, and I can easily fetch $12,000 for it now with 64,000 miles on it. I ordered a 2006 Shadow Blue New Beetle with Package 1 and DSG and my price is $20,778 including everything but tax, tag and title (if anyone wants the name of the salesman I work with, send me an e-mail). The market for TDI's is crazy right now, and things will not calm down until the price of gasoline retreats to more reasonable levels. If VW could make them faster, they would sell as many as they could produce.

·
Registered
32 Posts
fleghorn said:
Funny, I ordered a fully loaded 2006 NB TDI on July 27 and took delivery of it in early September. The dealer did not say anything about it being hard to get. This is in Charlotte NC.
You had a good dealer Fleghorn. I ordered mine on July 2 and I'm still waiting. The new delivery date is October 24. The only thing different between your car and mine is I ordered the sirius radio.

TDI4ever

1 - 13 of 13 Posts