NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mirror hit a garbage can and now it is broken. The mirror itself is fine, but the metal part holding the mirror is broken. I can get a new mirror, but I would have to paint it. Does anyone know how would I remove the mirror covers on a 2007 Beetle? And how would I remove the mirror itself?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Does anyone know if I could use anything other than VW 80-200 to remove the mirror? I don't know where I could get that tool.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Ok, so the glass is fine but the mirror is hanging by the wire?
If this is the case then you need to buy a new mirror assembly.
About $176 at the dealer or $150ish from ECS.
The job is a PIA I will tell you ahead of time. The new assembly is just the housing. You will need to transfer the glass and blinker to the new assembly.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Ok, so the glass is fine but the mirror is hanging by the wire?
If this is the case then you need to buy a new mirror assembly.
About $176 at the dealer or $150ish from ECS.
The job is a PIA I will tell you ahead of time. The new assembly is just the housing. You will need to transfer the glass and blinker to the new assembly.
And I would assume, depending on the model, needing to be painted. Go for a used, already painted, in your color, from eBay. They are there all the time, and for far less money, and no "guts" to swap.
Thanks for the help. Does anyone know if I could use anything other than VW 80-200 to remove the mirror? I don't know where I could get that tool.
Without looking at what the tool does, I can't answer THAT question. Perhaps someone who has done this has an option. The tool will be available from the Dealer Parts Dept.

M.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I have done the assembly swap.... No special tool required...... just a lot of patience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep having the feeling that the mirror will break if I pull on it. It's difficult to find a 2007 red Beetle mirror, but I did find a white 2004 one. Is it possible to take the mirror cover off and put it on the white mirror?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts