VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I've looked and looked, but cannot find much info whatsoever about replacing the dash speakers in my 2007 NBC. Any tips on how to, what to, etc.? It's the stock monsoon system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
A-Pillar? These cars have a great big dash, I have seen people put speakers in it before. But I've never seen stock speakers in the dash. There is a pair of tweets in the a-pillar one on each side. Not even Crutchfield list replacements for them though. This is what I did for mine. :)
Pioneer tweets! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just closing this thread up...

I put a pair of Pioneer Speakers in. Used the cabin filter replacement howto at the base of this board to get the panels off. Very easy job.

Was a bit tough to find the +/- wire colors for the speakers (lots of ambiguity out there). I went with the striped wire as the negative and it sounds great! I did have to extend the left side speaker wires, as when you mount that one the wire tabs are rotated a few inches up and there was barely any play in the stock wire.

I also just unplugged the tweeters. From what I gathered, these new speakers take care of that range also, so I didn't want any trouble from those tweeters later. I taped the connectors up securely to the frame to make sure no rattling would occur.

Sounds great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts