NewBeetle.org Forums banner

481 - 490 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2004 2.0/5 speed convertable I wish they would of taken care of maintenance as well as they took care of the body.. She's my "BEAUTY QUEEN"... I have a break light on dash with an alarm sound can I get some advice check air in tires breaks are not bad ???Help my BEAUTY QUEEN....

·
Registered
11,211 Posts
You might start, by scanning the car for trouble codes with a vw scan tool, (like VCDS by Ross Tech) and see if any codes, are related to your problem? Also, when the emergency brake is on and you try to drive in gear; the speedo will beep and flash a brake light, another thing to check.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice and clean! That's how it should be. Black is hard to keep clean. My 2015 1.8t w/ automatic transmission, is white and shows dirt bad. I used the F11 on mine, 2 coats, on everything. Glass, trim, wheels, everything. About 8 months ago. It still hurts your eyes in the sun. I love it. What do you use to keep yours shinny and clean? It looks great for being black! Mines outside, so every morning I wipe it off. I'm anal. Lol. Can't ride dirty.

Attachments

·
Black Velvet
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
Nice and clean! That's how it should be. Black is hard to keep clean. My 2015 1.8t w/ automatic transmission, is white and shows dirt bad. I used the F11 on mine, 2 coats, on everything. Glass, trim, wheels, everything. About 8 months ago. It still hurts your eyes in the sun. I love it. What do you use to keep yours shinny and clean? It looks great for being black! Mines outside, so every morning I wipe it off. I'm anal. Lol. Can't ride dirty.
Thanks yours look clean as well. As for my Beetle I just do the routine maintenance like wax and keep it covered and garage. I have a special coating on the car so I just use water and no soap. If you wax your car you pretty much good. My car would get dusty from time to time, but I just use a microfiber towel and then I'm good. Also for supplies I use Meguire's products basically on everything. You can also check the thread that I started Your beetle Reflection and you can check out the products that I use. I also agree with too can't be riding dirty either.:)

·
Black Velvet
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #485 (Edited)
Negative h20 on the hill

Today we had nice VW car meet up at Signal Hill just enjoying the sunset and some cool and clean VW's. Enjoy!!!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
11,211 Posts
You might start, by scanning the car for trouble codes with a vw scan tool, (like VCDS by Ross Tech) and see if any codes, are related to your problem? Also, wiring harness problems, are a common issue with these cars; the drivers side door gets opened the most and one should check the harness, that goes from the body to the door (it is encased; in a ribbed, rubber sheath). The wires in the harness, flex; everytime the door is opened/closed and eventually they break. These can be fixed with butt connectors or by soldering and covering with heat shrink tubing. Otherwise, you might pull the door panel and start testing each switch and see if they work; then look for power, grounds and damaged wiring. Lastly, sometimes, the comfort control module/computer; will fail and cause problems but that usually will kill off the other windows working as well.

Here is a diy; showing, how to disassembly the door:

https://www.newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/109049-window-regualtro-door-lock-diy.html

·
Black Velvet
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
I took a few pics. It is a nice day and the weekend is when I usually take her out.

Attachments

·
Black Velvet
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
Nice one she'll love it. As for my list of upgrades you can check one of the previous ROTM pages and this thread and will show you the list that I have done to the car so far and more future upgrades. Good luck.

·
Black Velvet
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
I attended the negative h20 VW car meet up in Signal Hill, CA. Cool cars and a watch of the sunset. Great way to spend your Sunday afternoon.☺

Attachments

481 - 490 of 490 Posts
About this Discussion
489 Replies
25 Participants
blackbeetle1978
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing