VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and I attempted a search but for the life of me I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have a 2008 Beetle Convertible with the 2.5L engine. I am looking for the location of the Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay. I've searched the internet high and low and every location that has been suggested doesn't exist in my vehicle. Most of the results suggest that the relay is located in the engine compartment next to the brake fluid reservoir. I have nothing there in my vehicle. Also, relay 100(Secondary Air Injection Relay) isn't in the fuse/relay box under the dash either. Please help! Any assistance you guys and gals can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Gustav
349 Posts
I do not think there is a relay for the pump as it is controlled directly by the ECU. The fuse is located in the fuse block on top of the battery. I just removed SAI system and had to have it written out of the ECU so it would not throw an incorrect flow code. I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
15,617 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here and I attempted a search but for the life of me I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have a 2008 Beetle Convertible with the 2.5L engine. I am looking for the location of the Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay. I've searched the internet high and low and every location that has been suggested doesn't exist in my vehicle. Most of the results suggest that the relay is located in the engine compartment next to the brake fluid reservoir. I have nothing there in my vehicle. Also, relay 100(Secondary Air Injection Relay) isn't in the fuse/relay box under the dash either. Please help! Any assistance you guys and gals can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Its under the drivers side dash. Where the obd2 port is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This seems to be the likely location in my 2006 beetle. Thank you CharlieBrowne for the info because my 2006 beetle seems to be an anomaly that defies all manuals. Be advised you will have to take off the cover that runs under the dash too even think about looking at it. Reaching it is a whole other can of worms. Now the kicker, anyone know which "100" relay it is? I have one located upper right and another lower left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts