NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought at auto auction. The key fob does not work and is the only key. Changed battery. Watched several instruction videos on youtube. Did not work. Please help. Can't get into the trunk and keep tripping the alarm. Don't want to put out $145 for new fob.

·
George
2 Posts
Recently bought at auto auction. The key fob does not work and is the only key. Changed battery. Watched several instruction videos on youtube. Did not work. Please help. Can't get into the trunk and keep tripping the alarm. Don't want to put out $145 for new fob.
The trunk can be open inserting the key into the latch behind sliding cover of it located in the base of the W on the trunk lid.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The trunk can be open inserting the key into the latch behind sliding cover of it located in the base of the W on the trunk lid.
Really? I don't believe our '05 convertible has a key hole in the trunk to open it.

Besides the key-fob, you can open our '05 NBC's trunk in one of two ways:
1. The switch on the driver's side door (I believe it's next to the fuel door switch).
2. Open the center door in the back of the back seat. Reach all the way to the back of the trunk and use the emergency latch release (kind of hard to do if there is "junk in the trunk"). See your manual for this one. It's hard to explain in text.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This might work for you as I did the same with my 2005 model. I forgot to check the fob was working.

My fob would light up but no response from the car. The instructions to synch a new key to the car requires a 2nd fob but I got round that by pretending to be a key. I had to remove the manual entry key lock and then use a screwdriver to pretend i was a key.
Remember to leave the window down for this to work otherwise you can lock the keys inside!
Put your key in the ignition turn the ignition on.
Screwdriver into where the lock used to be and turn to lock for 10 secs. Then reach in and press lock then unlock on the key fob. Key now synch'd.
Yes read through and get it right in your head first. You'll be struggling a bit if your left hand drive as you need to reach around the steering column. Easy enough for me with my RHD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts