NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of door panels...I know it's a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of ANYONE ANYWHERE in the world who has them. Any after market companies???
HELP!!

Got my car painted and the body shop busted both of them. They were in great shape only 2 small teeny cracks....I'm so sad and mad!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am in need of door panels...I know it's a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of ANYONE ANYWHERE in the world who has them. Any after market companies???
HELP!!

Got my car painted and the body shop busted both of them. They were in great shape only 2 small teeny cracks....I'm so sad and mad!!
I just ordered these for my wife's 2006 convertible.
They haven't come in yet and they are not painted but they should last longer than those fragile, plastic things that came with the car

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just ordered these for my wife's 2006 convertible.
They haven't come in yet and they are not painted but they should last longer than those fragile, plastic things that came with the car

They came in and look pretty good.
All black, so we need to get the top part painted.
The openings all look good and factory spec.
They are very solid, fiberglass and the one piece should do better than the conglomeration of parts that falls apart

I haven't tried to do a test fit but they look like it will work well.

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
Care to post some photos; of your new panels? I would like to see the quality of the front area and the way, they reinforce the back, how the handle is secured and if they have mounts for the original retaining clips, thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It came well packed in a wood box. It is fiberglass and rather substantial. There are no retaining clip mounts that but there is a bracket that takes their place.
Since these are all one piece, there may not be a need for them.
The three screw points for the bottom are present and there are new door handles but there are no posts to mount them on like other replacement handles.
I have two "Like" handles with mounting posts so this won't be an issue for me but you may consider an eBay handle replacement with the mounting posts.
They'll probably work better anyway.

I'll have to get the top part painted and the door pocket on the bottom are not open. It shouldn't be too much work getting that working

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts