NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
Glad I found this board because I have quite a few "bugaboos" with my 2008 New Beetle, but I'll start with this one. I've been driving around for 3 years now with a broken driver's side window. I use a piece of metal jammed in it to keep the window from falling down. Haven't gotten it fixed because the VW dealership gave me a quote of close to $900 to get it fixed! They said the Regulator would cost $430 and the Motor would cost $263 which is $693 and the rest would be labor costs. Does this sound right or am I getting swindled because I'm female? I just took a look online at Partsgeek.com and saw quite a range of prices but none were even close to what the dealership quoted. How likely would it be if I bought the parts online that a regular auto repair shop would do the repairs without them providing the parts? And how could I be sure I'm getting the right parts if I pick the cheapest one? Is it possible that I don't even need both a regulator and motor and the dealership is just trying to jack up the total? This happened because I live in a cold climate (New England) and one morning it was especially freezing and broke when I opened the door. You can hear the motor working when I push the power button, but the window doesn't move like it's off the track once the dealer looked at it. When it first happened, it would only go down, but would not come back up and that's when I took it to a dealer. Since I can hear the motor, that's why I'm wondering if I really need a motor. (I had to pay them $100 just to look at it.) Like I said, I've got more issues that need repair and one of them is a doozy that the dealerships can't even seem to figure out, but I'll leave that for another time... Thanks for you help!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts