VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2008 NBC since 2014 and I have operated the manual top with only minimal difficulty up until yesterday. I live in Oregon so the top hasn't been down since early last Fall (Fall, Winter, and Spring are wet here), and I could not get the latches to click into place regardless of the amount of force I exerted. I'm kind of short, so I had a taller friend try as well, and he couldn't get it to latch either. I called the dealer and they suggested I try lubricating it but were very vague about where/what I should be lubricating.

Suggestions/tips?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Since the dealer was vague about where to lubricate it, I'm suspecting that they were just spit-balling. Without having a mechanic look at it, it's hard to say what's wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're probably right. I got the impression that he had no idea what I was describing and wanted to get me to go in for service (and then rip me off). He was unwilling to have me come in and stay with the car and see what the problem was and wanted me to leave it for a whole day.

For lack of better description, it feels stiff (since it's been out of use). Has anyone else experienced this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts