NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my air conditioner isn’t working,the radIgor fan don’t come on unless engine gets hot,on hot days it blows hot air,I replaced pressure sensor in the line that you fill it, I looked for broken wires and where you plug in the compressor the plug-in connections look dry and clean when I look at the pulley it looks like everything is spinning I guess the clutch is engaged but it all spins wether ac is on or off what else can I check. Thanks TJSXOX

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
The basics, need to be checked; have you hooked up a/c gauges and confirmed, the freon levels are normal? Which compressor do you have; the early cars had clutches and then, later, they were clutchless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I checked the Freon and the levels are good l , I don’t know which compressor I have how do you tell?

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
There should be a sticker on the compressor; indicating a vw and the oem brands part numbers (sanden is a common brand vw uses as a oem).

Also, post the readings of the high and low side psi you saw with the gauges; this can point to the possible reasons, for the no cooling issues, you are having.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did you check the small fuse box (on the battery) for a bad/lose fuse?

I know those tend to act up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There should be a sticker on the compressor; indicting a vw and the oem brands part numbers (sanden is a common brand vw uses as a oem).

Also, post the readings of the high and low side psi you saw with the gauges; this can point to the possible reasons, for the no cooling issues, you are having.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HiI I looked at the the compressor and couldn’t see any tags,, with my luck it’s probably on the top is there another way of telling? And what do you mean high and low readings all I have is a gauge that cam with a can of refrigeration and it’s in the green with the engine running What kind of gauge doI need Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts