NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I hope I have a simple questions for you . My car has sat up for the last 5 to 6 months it started right up as usual . With the aid of jumpers of course .lol . I drove the car and the oil alarm kept coming on so I stopped gas station checked oil level add a bottle and drove off . Again alarm came on so I said rather safe then sorry let's go to mechanic .
Mechanic says hey oil has thickened up so the engine needs a flush ???AAA okay u say so !! So mechanic calls and says cars ready ... hhhhmmmm anyways long story short $250 and alarm still comes on and myttapets sound to loud . Anybody got any ideas mechanic said oil pump might have failed but that don't sound right . When first got car from mechanic it sounded normal only after driving 3 miles did the alarm come on but once it did it want stop . Pls help don't wanna hurt my baby ....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for responding when I took the car back for the same alarm. He said he blew out the oil line . But the noise is still there so I will suggest he checks filter on pump . Again thanks

·
Registered
758 Posts
Cars that sit a lot tend to have problems like this, which is why oil changes are recommended at a certain mileage or time, whichever comes first. In the future, I'd always use the manufacturer's recommended full synthetic oil and make sure you change it when recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts