NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brides beetle has got rust spots on just about every panel. Hood, door handles, sills, etc. I see it has a 12 year warranty on rust perforation, I bold that word as that is how it is in the book. So am I wasting my time going to the dealer to get this remedied? It seems to their benefit to fix it now and not wait for the perforation as that will probably happen within the next 3 years.

Also, I have only been to this dealer once to get a key replaced and found them to essentially be criminals (https://goo.gl/KYGJXS). They called me after replacing my key with a list of "issues they found" that in fact were all bald faced lies. Some of them had actually been recently fixed by my mechanic. So I am not expecting a truthful response from them. Does anybody know what the escalation process would be to deal with this? I have been told the dealer must come first.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
When it comes to warranty issues like rust; you most likely, will have to talk to a VW corporate regional manager. They visit each dealership; on a consistent basis and they should schedule a meeting with you and discuss your warranty issues. The VW dealer, really cannot make that judgement call but VW corporate would and their reps need to inspect the vehicle. You might start by call VW Customer Car and see if they can schedule the appointment and start the inspection, warranty process. Let us know, how things go and if VW warranties the rust problems. Thanks.

Volkswagen Customer Care

1-800-428-4034
8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST
Monday - Friday

Contact Us

1 - 2 of 2 Posts