NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been a "fan" of the new Beetle for years and recently bought a new, 2010 Beetle. I have noticed an inconsistancy and am curious is this is normal and/or what is causing it.

At times the gears (1-6) will appear on the dash control panel (next to P-R-N-D-S) as they are changing while the car in in drive. It randomly pops up and goes away. I have noticed when the gear (1-6) in use appears the dash the P-R-N-D-S gear is highlighted, when it is not on the dash P-R-N-D-S are all present on the control panel, none are highlighted special.

Does this make sense?

I am trying to understand and determine if this is a problem, and/or what I am doing to cause it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure if I understand whats going on....If I am driving in auto mode, with shifter to the left I see the PRNDS and next to it is the gear I'm in. They never disappear. If I switch to manual mode, I loose the PRNDS and just see the gear I'm in.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,093 Posts
If this is happening without you switching modes, I'd take it to the dealer and have them look at it, since you should still definitely be under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts