NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needs some help. Hazards stay (not blinking) on till battery drains completely. Replaced hazard button/relay. If I charge the car then turn it off and disconnect the battery and reconnect they stay off. I can turn car back on without cranking and everything works. (Blinkers and hazards). As soon as I use key fob to lock or crank the car. The hazards are stuck again. ran out of ideas. thought it might be alarm relay but don’t which one it is. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
What brand relay did you buy, install; are all the bulbs the correct, incandescent or aftermarket led's? While, I have not heard of your particular problem exactly (not turning off), we have seen problems when using the incorrect bulbs or upgrading to LEDs, then that causing blinker/flasher related issues. I would confirm all bulbs are good, the correct ones; check for any corrosion in the sockets, fuse or relay holder/contacts.

You can check the right bulbs for your vehicle here:

You might look up wiring diagrams; using these free online manuals:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the relay from the vw dealership. One of the bulbs was busted. I replaced it with a sylvania matching model on the bulb connector. The hazards were an issue before I noticed the bulb was out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts