VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2010 limited convertible passenger window is not dropping when door handle is opened. It is also acting crazy going up and down when traveling over rough roads. We have owned the car for less than a year and only has about 23,000 miles. The only issue we had when purchasing from the dealer was the ignition key wouldn't work well and get stuck. They replaced the key cylinder the day after we purchased the car. Hope this not a sign of things to come!!!

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Have you scanned the car; for trouble codes? I wonder; if the 2010 has the solder joint issues on the door locks, that could cause your problem (the rough road, makes me think of a broken solder joint or a connectivity/wiring problem)? Is the car; still under warranty?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Most likely a door latch issue. If the car thinks the door is opened, it drops the window (if rolled all the way) and then it thinks the door shut, window pops back up.

By chance, do the interior lights come on as well (assuming you have them switched to turn on when doors open)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the car is not under warranty. It was for a couple months after we bought. Although the mileage is low and under warranty the number of years (3) ran out.
The only light that comes on when the door is opened is the rear view mirror. It does look like the are small lights on the rear of both doors. Not sure how to turn them on but will investigate the manual that came with the car. Thanks for the input. This is our first VW Beetle and my wife loves it!

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Probably, would be a good idea to get a vw specific scanner; for less than $50, you can get a Vgate Scan VS450 VW / VAG Group Scanner, off of amazon.com. The other option; is to spend more, get VCDS from ross tech... a factory level scanner. Post up any and all trouble codes; you are getting. The door latches, can be replaced or repaired; you might give Volkswagen of America customer Care a call and see what they can do for you, all they can say is "no".

http://www.vw.com/contact/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok the puddle lights don't come on. Not sure I have ever seen them on since purchasing the car. The windows do seem to operate correctly using the key fob however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts