NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some very nice all black door cards from a 2010 beetle I would like to put in my 1998, has any one installed door panels from a 2010 hard top beetle into a 98 style? I see the window switches are different and I was wondering if the wiring plug in was different or the same, or if it was possible to convert my harness to work with the new style switches.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,736 Posts
I saw someone listing door cards at Facebook, 1998-2010. I replied that the 2nd gen 2006-2010 NBs were different. He replied that the door cards were the same. So, maybe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw someone listing door cards at Facebook, 1998-2010. I replied that the 2nd gen 2006-2010 NBs were different. He replied that the door cards were the same. So, maybe?
[/Q
As far as I can tell the actually door card is really close but the hole for the window switch is different. If it was possible to wire the plug for the new style window switch onto my door harness I would make the jump but I dont know if anyone has tried that or knows if there is any difference between the plugs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts