NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Someone ran into my Final Edition recently and damaged the bumper. I had it repaired at a shop recommended by my insurance company, and now the color doesn’t quite match the rest of the car. It’s not off by a lot, but enough to bother me.

I understand the paint on a 10 year old car isn’t the same color it originally was anyway, but I’m not sure what to do here. The shop just said polyurethane is harder to match. Does anyone have some advice for me?

Does this look like a reasonable match? Thank you!

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
Color matching is definitely a skill; if it is off and you are not happy as a paying customer, take it back. Quality control issues at body shops; is not uncommon, hopefully, they can make it right and match your body color more closely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the shop is claiming the bumper never matches the car, the front bumper doesn’t match either (it does to me), and if I looked at new cars the bumpers wouldn’t match (what?!) They said they can repaint it but it still won’t match. USAA insists I have to go to the same shop and are somehow buying this nonsense that it’s impossible for any bumper to ever match a car. I’m probably eventually going to get the whole car repainted anyway, but this is highly annoying. I do appreciate the replies!

·
Registered
1964 Deluxe, 2005 GLS 2014 Rline
268 Posts
Welcome to the crappy attitude of 99.9% of body shops .. as for the new cars don’t match. Bull crap walk in to Porsche and find a bumper that’s a different color!!

bodyshops don’t care about cars they care about money !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts