VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another question. I see that 2010 VW beetle come with Standard heated front seats. ours supposedly has this feature.

do these come on automatically at certain temperatures? or is there a switch to turn them on or off?

I cant really seem to find much information on it. still waiting for our owners manual to come in the mail.

thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone???? we got our manual - and there is a section on heated seats, and supposedly there is suppose to be two buttons (1 for each seat) just beneath the radio. i do not have any. where the buttons are suppose to be, that area has trim peices over it. if i remove those, i can see where the buttons are suppose to be installed.

I guess the internet was wrong - are or are not heated seats standard?

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Well, in earlier models; each trim level, had more or less, options. What trim level is your car? If there are no heated seat adjustment knobs; I would assume, it doesn't have any heated seats.

Here is a copy of the 2010 New Beetle sales brochure; the pictures, show the heated seat adjusters and heated seats, are mentioned as: "S-Standard, at no extra charge". Is your car; a USA spec vehicle or some other model of some sort? Trim levels; probably, offer different levels of specs and amenities/options (USA spec vehicles; tend to be option heavy). I'm seeing; other editions in that year, "red rock", "final edition", etc.

http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Volkswagen/Beetle/VW_US Beetle_2010.pdf

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ours is a USA spec vehicle. ours is the base model. however, heated seats are "standard" for 2010. to me, that means ALL of them should have the seated heat options. just curious more than anything. heated seats are nice - especially for my wife who has fibromyaglia. it helps her legs not ache.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i emailed the sales person for guidance. its not a huge issue, but it was something we considered strongly while shopping.

i'll keep ya'll posted on the status.

·
Ooo shiny!
154 Posts
Those heated seats are wonderful! I use them as a heating pad for a sore back!

I've never heard of a NB not having the heated seats! You sure the knobs aren't there?

Here's a pic of what it looks like in my 2010

Attachments

·
Ooo shiny!
154 Posts
OMG, the buttons on each side are blank! Try pulling one of the side tabs off and see if there is any wiring or anything behind it. Are you sure it's a 2010? But that is so strange, since all NBs have heated seats...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its a 2010 - so they said. title says 2010 - i am sure that the VIN verifies it was a 2010 - if not - then someone has some explaining to do.

i pulled the trim pieces off, and there are empty slots for the switched to slide in. i didn't look real long for wiring.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so heres the deal. I got a call from the dealership, he told me that the first batch of 2010 Beetles to come off the line didnt have heated seats. they were added later in production. he said that MOST of the 2010 have them, thats why its listed as "standard". i think thats a line of BS, but............

since the dealership advertised the seats as "heated". they are going to install them in our car at no charge to me.

i am glad they are making it right :)

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Awesome!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts