NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been awhile since I posted any of my Track Events, so I thought I would try and catch-up with my last one.

I ran with EMRA over this past Labor Day weekend at New Jersery Motor Sports Park, Milleville NJ.

Few picks of the bug in action.

The one I really like is the point-by pic from the guy in the 2002 Mustang... Plus you can see another early 2000 Mustang and a 2009 Subie WRX haveing some fun in the Lightning Bolt turn.

It was a very good day...:p

Enjoy... TechnoTrix'd... :wave3:

Attachments

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump'n cuz this is one of those buried topics on the org. ;)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks, it's a lot of fun to chase down those fox body mustangs and older 325i's.

Also anytime I can bag a Miata along the way is just icing on the cake.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do any of you track your bug or other cars?

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome. I like that track. I track my GTI but can't convince my fiance to take her beetle to the track. Maybe I can convince her to start with an autocross or two first.
Yes auto-xing is the way to start out. If you have fun dodging cones then open track will be a blast.

What groups do you run with over in Jersey? Would be cool to have a small group of V-Dubs all at the same event.

Been able to do that a few times in the past and it has always been a great day out.

Last time was at Pocono with CART. We had a Corrodo, some GTI's, one B5 Passat and the bug. Great times!

·
track rat
14 Posts
Well I actually moved from NJ to FL and just recently moved to OH. I ran with NASA Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and FL regios. Up in the Northeast I've also run with Trackdaze and Chin Motorsports.

If you're looking for events with a higher than usual number of VW's, check out Trackdaze events. They started out as an R32 club an evolved into an entire track day organization.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Looks like fun. Years ago I worked F&C with the SCCA at the Charlotte Motorsport Complex. Hope to have some fun from the drivers seat again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts