VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My generator light is on and my battery is not charging. As expected, when the battery dies, indicator lights start flashing, and I find myself on the side of the road. Now this all started after the battery was removed from my beetle and when a friend put it back in, he hooked the black cable (positive) to the negative and the weird brown colored one (negative) to the positive. It only stayed this way for a couple seconds before I noticed, pulled them off and flipped the battery around. Everything was absolutely fine until this happened.

What I am hoping is that I have only fried a fuse / relay somewhere. That said, I realized that I don't have any fuse diagrams and I plan on getting a print out from the dealer. In the meantime, I have pulled every fuse I can find and they are all fine. What else could this be and is there a specific relay / fuse I should be specifically eyeing?

I don't see how this could affect my alternator, but tossing this situation out there for some more beetle-specific advice. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! :eek:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Is your car still under warranty? If it is; take it to the dealer and have them check it out for you. Otherwise, take it to a auto parts store and have them do a test on the charging system and see if everything checks out ok.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts