NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Well, it looks like you can only get cloth seats in the Turbo. This is very disappointing. The base 2.5 is all I need, so now I guess I'll either have to buy cloth seat covers to place over the leatherette or live with it. (Unless VW will build a base model with cloth per special order). Have you ever stepped into a Passat or Jetta with black leatherette (Translation: vinyl) in the middle of July when all the windows are closed? I rest my case.

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Cant argue that.....I'm surprised they won't offer leather as an option on the lower models.....maybe once it's released

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
What's wrong with cloth anyways? Warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.......If I were to buy a new GTI it would have the Jacky cloth not leather (mainly because the tartan is so cool......)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I love Beetles so much that I'll probably just deal with the leatherette, anyway. Maybe a simple solution would be to buy a windshield sun shade when it's parked outside in the summer. The base Beetle fits all my needs.

I was also surprised to learn that Reef Blue is only available with the Turbo model and that Brown is conversely only avalable with the lower trims.

My favorite color from pictures is Denim Blue, but I'd hate to get that color and find out that this is every other 2012+ Beetle driver's favorite as well! Thus, my back-up choice is Platinum Grey.

FWIW, I love white in the 98-10 Beetles, but it just doesn't grab me with the 12+. Red and Silver are both too common, and while Black looks great when clean, every nick and scratch that will ultimately occur will stand out like a sore thumb.

This leaves Yellow and Brown. Neither of these colors grab me, either, but I'd have to see them in person.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I love Beetles so much that I'll probably just deal with the leatherette, anyway. Maybe a simple solution would be to buy a windshield sun shade when it's parked outside in the summer. The base Beetle fits all my needs.
If you like tint, you can also try that. My interior on the Beetle used to be horrible, even with the light tan leather. I went with Ceramic tint in both the NB and my A3 (A3 has black leather). HUGE difference.

I actually prefer the leather / leatherette, as it holds up much better and is much easier to keep clean than cloth.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
TDI suspension?

I've read the new Beetle will have two different rear suspensions: the tried and true beam axle for the lower trim levels, and a four-link setup for the Turbo.

Heard anything on what the later-arriving TDI will have? Sure hope it sports the four-link setup.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've read the new Beetle will have two different rear suspensions: the tried and true beam axle for the lower trim levels, and a four-link setup for the Turbo.

Heard anything on what the later-arriving TDI will have? Sure hope it sports the four-link setup.:rolleyes:
According Jaime at VWVortex, TDIs will have the beam axle.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stupid question???

Since the spec sheet says FULLY GALVINIZED SHEET METAL, does this mean the fenders are no longer PLASTIC like the previous New Beetles???

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine i think????

Arrived tonight at VW dealer.
:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts