VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! New to this website and to trying to solve car problems by myself, so apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place and/or a stupid question.

I drive a 2012 Beetle Design 1.2 TSI DSG and have been having some trouble with the 12v plugs, so I'm trying to check the fuses. However, I can't find a map of the interior driver's side fuse box which appears to match what I can see - there's a turquoise/bright blue, semi-transparent, plastic something-or-other stuck in place in front of (what I think) are the fuses I need to get to.

Does anyone have a map which is definitely for the 2012 beetle? And, if the blue thing isn't meant to be there, does anybody have any clue what it could be? I'll upload an image when I get the time later on today.

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Being a UK spec RHD Beetle; any USA spec info, maybe incorrect. On VW of UK's website; they have a free manual area and you can input your VIN #, see, if it is available, otherwise you can order a new one from your local vw dealer.

on uk ebay; some service manual software, is offered for sale, that claims, to be euro/uk based repair info, these are most likely pirated vw dealer software packages, I cannot vouch for their authenticity or if they have the correct info, you need but they are available.

Note: the first two auctions:

Otherwise, you might post on some of the UK based Beetle facebook groups or UK forums. So, far, I do not think; anyone has posted any fuse information, specific to a UK spec Beetle at this time.

If you see yourself servicing your Beetle and will need more repair information, going forward, you might consider getting the eRWin service manual from VW. At this time, there are no printed repair manuals; available from anyone, typical repair manual publishers, like Haynes UK, have not created them, for the 2012+ models. You can sign up for the eRWin online service; for 24 hours and download the factory service manuals, in that time, save them to your computer in .pdf format (view, print, etc).

Lastly, if you cannot get a UK Beetle owner; to post their user manual fuse page or can't find one, you might contact your local vw dealer. I don't know, if you have a relationship with them but if you own a vw, you will be ordering parts and at some point, may have to have them do certain repairs for you. If you haven't talked with them before; this is a good time, to go to the service dept. and chat with them. When you go to the service dept.; you can check and see, if there are any recalls, that need to be addressed on your VW and you might ask them, if they would print out the fuse diagram for you and go from there. I have had my local VW dealer, do things for me, like give me some power steering fluid; out of courtesy and they did it for free, I don't know, what your local VW dealer is like but it is always a good idea, to get to know them, the good ones will do their best to help you, when you need it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts