VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
11,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have a 2.0T section and a 2.5L section, but there are also the 2.0 TDI (which is extremely different from the 1.9 TDI) and the new 1.8T (which is very different from the older 1.8Ts in the New Beetles) that should have their own sections so those owners can get the best help we can offer. Just my .02. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes! Please do this!

I inadvertantly posted in the 1.8L Turbo forum, not knowing that because I have a 2014 Beetle Convertible 1.8T I shouldn't be posting there because it's for older models.

Now that I've been properly admonished for posting in the wrong place, I don't know where members with a 2014 Beetle 1.8T are supposed to ask questions.

I was told there is a forum for members with later models, but I cannot find it.

TwirlyGirly

·
5/23/10 <3
11,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is this section: Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the 2012+ Beetle - NewBeetle.org Forums

But it can be harder to get answers to engine specific questions there.
Thanks, Smiley. I think this all is really my fault, for not understanding which model years are designated the "New Beetle." Forgive my obvious ignorance, but I thought once production of Beetles began again, all cars manufactured from that year onwards were "New Beetles." I'm wrong. So I'm wondering if I should even BE in this forum, or somewhere else?

Do you have any recommendations for me?

TwirlyGirly (sad, because she thinks the members here are really nice)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This forum is for all things Beetle, from '98 on. Which is why we have a section for the '12+ cars. They are just called the Beetle now vs. the New Beetle name from '98-'10. We're all one big happy family here :)

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,471 Posts
Thanks, Smiley. I think this all is really my fault, for not understanding which model years are designated the "New Beetle." Forgive my obvious ignorance, but I thought once production of Beetles began again, all cars manufactured from that year onwards were "New Beetles." I'm wrong. So I'm wondering if I should even BE in this forum, or somewhere else?

Do you have any recommendations for me?

TwirlyGirly (sad, because she thinks the members here are really nice)
Don't worry bout it. I would have posted there my self. Usually an orger offering help will ask what year your beetle is. There may be someone who will gripe about you posting your 1.8 Beetle in the 1.8 New Beetle forum, but I am sure before the 2.5 forum came about, some posted in the 2.0 forum...

Anyway, we are glad you are here, lots of help here for anything VW. :)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Besides, while it is true that "New Beetles" ran from 1998-2010 and the ones from 2012 on are simply "Beetles," many people, especially those outside of this circle, consider any Bug with a front engine and radiator as a "new" Beetle, particularly in light of the fact that the original air-cooled Bugs had a 65-year run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts