VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I had mostly forgotten there was this little cubby by your left knee. Since I noticed it on the way home from work today, it got me wondering. Do you use this little cubby, and if so what do you put in it? I was thinking it would be a good spot for insurance and registration but mine is in the little tiny glove box above the glove box. I even though I might be able to fit my little tiny pistol in there.

So anyway, do you use it and if so, what do you put in there :confused:

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Cubby

Mine holds my GPS suction cup mount and the power cable. When driving and the GPS is stuck to the windshield I slip my handheld CB in that spot.

Good question!

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooo GPS good idea. I don't normally use one in the bug since I don't really drive anywhere out of town with it and if I do, I know where I'm going.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought it was a weird little cubby...I have my garage door opener and an angel necklace i got to watch over me in there. Not sure what the real point of it was, might be nice to know haha

·
Registered
154 Posts
not that I get much of it anymore in the plastic card era but spare change for coin operated car washes in the winter when it's too cold to do it outside at home

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got my registration, insurance card and coffee shop punch cards in the cubby. I also have my remote for my ground effects lighting in it too.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only the 2012+ Beetles have the knee cubby.

·
Ooo shiny!
154 Posts
My garage door opener doesn't have a visor clip, so the knee cubby is the perfect place to stash it. Also, have a thing of dental floss in there. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts