Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From the T.J. Maher Memorial Studios...​

The

Are You Ready for some Football,

2011-2012 NFL Football Thread​

This thread for NFL Football.....Not Soccer- NFL Football.

This thread is for all you football fans; from the casual, to the hardcore.

If you love Football, and have a favorite team, bring your A-game and show your football passion as well as frustration over your favorite team/player(s)

Post your NFL News, injury reports, final scores, and of course the subsequent stupid things some athletes do:crazy:

And of course a little friendly smack talk between rivals always makes for good forum chat:D

Game on!

Enjoy the season!

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the millionares have hashed it out and are back to work.

Can you feel it?

FOOTBALL IS BACK!

As we know, one of the lock out casualties was the Hall Of Fame game; insignificant to the NFL season, but a big hit to the Canton/OH economy.

At any rate the season is on and the thread is alive! NFL Preseason kicks off this Thursday. It's gonna be interesting to see how the shortened practice season will effect the injury end of things.

I'm pretty stoked about the '11-12 season. Hoping my Jags won't be the Gags come the 2nd half of the season.

One thing i'm cautiously amp'd about is the signing of PSU alum, and former Buffalo Bill, Paul Posluszny. I was hoping the Jags would've drafted Him back in '07; got stuck with CB, Reggie Neslon...no longer a Jags. Guess it was a blessing in disguise for us, being that Poz has been bitten by the injury bug over the past 3 seasons. I'm hoping Poz is rid of the injury bug and is game ready now. Maybe better surroundings will do Him better. Buffalo is saying good riddance and even razzes us for getting Poz; hopefully Poz will prove them wrong and has a long NFL career.

GO JAGS!!!

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Thank you Al! I've been looking for at least a week and didn't want to step on anyone's shoes! :p

Should be an interesting season. A lot has happened and I am too busy to figure it all out. :lol: Thank you Al for our new Pro Bowl Punter. I was pissed to see Maynard go, but when I heard we got a guy from Jax that has been to the Pro Bowl, it didn't hurt as bad. Sorry to see Kreutz go although he is a bonified psycho. I hope our line can do something for Jay so he doesn't see the Chicago Skyline all season. :D Enough for now. Post on Football Fans!

Are you ready for some Football?!?!

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,406 Posts
here we go...

Go Packers!

Hiya Joel! Hey Al!

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jags are in New England town to play the Pats tomorrow.

Our QB, David Garrard is out (tweaked back) and our first round pick, Blaine Gabbert will start under center.

It's mighty fine to see football back:banana:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,406 Posts

Our QB, David Garrard is out (tweaked back) and our first round pick, Blaine Gabbert will start under center.

yes, sir...Pack at the Browns on Saturday...one of my oldest Army friends called me this morning to razz me about the game.

yep. football season is here! :D

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts

:lol: HeHeHe! Garrard out because he tweaked his back. Hypothetical quote from Matt Forte, "What's the matter, David, can't play hurt?" :p

Buffalo in town Saturday night for a 70 degree 80% humidity soaking. Showers and thunderstorms in the forecast. Hope they get the game in. I already had a request from my Packer neighbor to DVR the Pack's game. That won't happen if I can't tape 2 things at once. :p

I'm ready for some football! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: HeHeHe! Garrard out because he tweaked his back. Hypothetical quote from Matt Forte, "What's the matter, David, can't play hurt?" :p

Buffalo in town Saturday night for a 70 degree 80% humidity soaking. Showers and thunderstorms in the forecast. Hope they get the game in. I already had a request from my Packer neighbor to DVR the Pack's game. That won't happen if I can't tape 2 things at once. :p

I'm ready for some football! :clap:
They say that they're holding Garrard back for later in the pre-season. Plus it gives Him a chance to heal.

All of this is to Blaine Gabbert's advantage. After all, He is the future of the franchise. I say, put Him in as much as possible during pre-season and let's see what we've got.

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Hi Guys!:)

Nice to see the new thread up and running!

I think it's gonna be a strange season with all that's happened.

Good luck to all.

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys!:)

Nice to see the new thread up and running!

I think it's gonna be a strange season with all that's happened.

Good luck to all.
Ah, it's great to see another correspondent back for this years thread:bigthumb:

Too right mang. I'm curious to see how bad the injury bug is gonna bite this year. The training season was drastically cut, and the time they had was kinda mamby pamby in nature.

And interesting season indeed.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
I was thinking you'd show up here if you were a football fan. :p This should be a fun year! :banana:

I started a thread about a GtG in the Chicago/Milwaukee area for this weekend sometime. Still working out details if we even do it. I'm 20 mins south of Lake Geneva. :D

·
Customized Gifts For Sale
1,097 Posts
SO today I watched BOTH, yes both of my teams get creamed. Seriously the Bengals lost to the Jets and Dallas lost to San Diego. All I can say is Friday night the Steelers better win.

I'm also debating on getting tickets to see the Steelers play the Bengals in November as they will be in Cinci :)

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well my Jags won, albeit by way of the 3rd string QB, McKown; I hope they keep him on the roster.

Now I know this is pre-season, but our Veteran QB Garrard, was vanilla. Our first round QB, Blaine Gabbert did okay... did just as good as Garrard, which is a sad commentary for Garrard.

Still i'm holding out hope that this is just one of those pre-season apperations and they'll have a much better regular season.

We've got some Monday Night action in a few hours....WOOT:banana:

·
Registered
406 Posts
i love my Jets but the NY Giants smashed the Bears last night, i hope the momentum last's thru out the year would love to see a Jets-Giants Superbowl , currently the only way that's happen is thru playing my madden'11 on Xbox360, but i have a feeling this year in the NFL is going to be interesting with alot of teams beefing up their roster like the Philadelphia Pigeons i mean Eagles oops!!:cool: can't wait for the season to start!!!

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have a feeling this year in the NFL is going to be interesting with alot of teams beefing up their roster like the Philadelphia Pigeons i mean Eagles oops!!:cool: can't wait for the season to start!!!
:ha: that is hilarious:lol:

1 - 20 of 243 Posts